Job DescriptionThe Facilities Operations and Emergency Program Manager position is responsible for managing the tactical execution of day to day oversite of all company facilities operations activities to support the North Construction Operations Group. This position will reside in the Chicago IL-MW, Regional Office within the Northern COG and will report directly into the COG Senior Team Leader Facilities Operations and Maintenance. Manages the day to day operations of store critical infrastructures, provides operational and emergency facilities needs at the store level.
- Supports the implementation and use of the global work order management systems (USGN and Verisae)
- Inputs local specifications and information into the broader processes to negotiate, monitor, and evaluate the master service agreements for critical facility systems, including fire and life safety, refrigeration, HVAC, grease trap, plumbing, and electrical.
- Monitors and reports on the service provider quality and cost. Recommends contract adjustments or cancellations.
- Supports and participates in store walk-throughs to: Ascertain fire / life safety, environmental, and other code compliance, Identify waste, water, refrigerant, and other resource reduction opportunities.
- Provides the Infrastructure Operations support for assigned stores.
- Handles routine facilities-related questions, including: Refrigerant specifications for new stores, Compressor style and appropriateness for varying climates, CO2 and water treatment, Controls and uploading technologies.
- Escalates complex or unexpected questions to higher levels.
- Monitors the store-related expenses, systems performance, equipment, and other factors to develop dashboard, reporting, and related information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date EPS Section 608 (Clean Air Act / Refrigerant Monitoring) records.
- Supports the store-by-store processes to address leak reduction.
- Provides EMS system reporting, noting connection and other issues.
- Develops weekly EMS alarm reports to help identify ongoing issues and opportunities to reduce shrink, connect remotely, and help with contractor diagnosis of problems.
- Develops RFPs and negotiates service contracts.
- Approves service invoices to ensure consistent invoicing and warranty utilization.
- Ensures EPA, code, and compliance.
- Communicates with stores to manage service provider performance.
- Familiar with diverse mechanical refrigeration and building systems.
- Acquainted with remote and integrated project management systems including Verisae and USGN.
- Familiar with the environmental compliance requirements for the retail food industry.
- Good knowledge of facilities management, planning, and inspection processes and methodologies.
- Experience planning budgets and tracking expenses, and performing equipment life-cycle cost analyses
- Ability to manage multiple Service Trades in a diverse environment with a focus on customer service
- Clear understanding of facilities infrastructures, MEP-R-HVAC equipment, and store level production EQ
- Self-directed and ability to problem solve
- Strong work ethic and high standard of service
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Access, web based, and custom applications
Interpersonal & Communication Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening.
- With guidance, presents information and responds to questions in one-on-one situations with internal and external customers.
- Tailors communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
Teamwork & Collaboration
- Supports the team and cross-functional projects within a defined area of responsibility.
- Impacts the quality of one’s own work and that of the team.
- Works as a fully competent Team Member.
- Maintains positive working relationships with supported functional and third-party stakeholders.
- Understands the standard project management methodologies and requirements.
- Plans, estimates, organizes, and monitors projects.
- Keeps projects on track financially, creatively, and in accordance with the stakeholder’s deadlines.
Organization & Business Knowledge
- Understands store, region, and associated operational, maintenance, and cost / energy efficiency strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Able to identify alignment / misalignment of team goals with larger organizational strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Understands the WFM product mix, supply base, and retail operations
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Ability to physically perform field requirements.
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Up to 60% travel may be required
- This position requires on call emergency support during weather, utility disruption, or building infrastructure events that may impact business operations.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.