CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS International works closely with USAID and the Bureau for Global Health.
CAMRIS is seeking a Program Manager who can work independently to manage a portfolio of assignments and a cadre of health consultants. S/he will be responsible for all aspects of an assignment including assignment planning, recruitment, budget management, implementation, and close-out. It also involves direct client relationships and routine coordination with Global Health evaluation consultants. CAMRIS seeks candidates who are able to multi-task, problem-solve, and ensure high quality management of Global Health evaluation, technical assistance, research, logistical and mission support activities.
The project provides the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Global Health, regional bureaus, and missions with ready access to high-quality, external technical expertise to design, support, and evaluate programs contributing to the achievement of U.S. Government (USG) objectives. The contract is comprised of five components:
1. Program and project evaluation 2. Technical assistance 3. GH program and research management 4. Mission support and 5. Logistical support for meetings/conferences.
*This is a forecasted position and it is contingent upon contract award.
The Program Manager will manage a portfolio of Global Health evaluation assignments, each with technical consultants to backstop. S/he may work in a teaming arrangement with another Program Manager to co-manage complex assignments which often entail multiple consultants who conduct extensive international travel, a dense schedule of key-informant interviews, and/or performance evaluation activities. S/he will be responsible for managing client relationships and ensuring that Global Health evaluation activities are completed on time, according to the Scope of Work, project policies and procedures and within budget.
S/he will report to the Deputy Director/Operations, work in collaboration with the Project Director, Deputy Director/Technical Advisor, and coordinate with other Program Managers. S/he will mentor and team with Associate Program Managers (APMs) and Project Assistants (PAs). Duties and composition of portfolio will vary based on the Program Manager’s interests and project needs, but may include the following types of activities:
Assignment Planning and Logistics Preparation
- Manage the assignment planning process, including coordinating with the USAID client to refine scopes of work and cost estimates, develop implementation timelines, etc.
- Recruit short- and medium-term consultants
- Arrange all logistical support for Global Health evaluation consultants both in the United States and overseas
- Organize and support Team Planning Meetings
- Work with Global Health evaluation consultants to ensure completion of financial forms and other paperwork
- Collect and distribute activity background materials for team members
- Monitor and track assignment progress
- Provide initial review of consultant forms and invoices
- Maintain communication with consultants and clients to ensure that consultants are supported throughout the course of their assignments and to ensure smooth implementation
- Implement clerical close-out of assignment files
- Support timely and orderly assignment-related closeout, including ensuring satisfactory completion of the activity and completion of performance evaluation forms from both clients and employees
- Ensure completion of activity and consultant performance evaluation forms
- Ensure necessary client approvals are obtained in a timely manner by preparing requests and memos to client Contracting Officers and Contracting Officer Representatives, on behalf of the Project Director and/or corporate entities, following up, and providing additional justification as required
- Provide logistical support for workshops, meetings, trainings, and client-sponsored conferences and other events
- Participate in team-wide meetings and initiatives
- Promote integration and cross fertilization of ideas and information across and among global health assignments
- Respond to other requests as directed by the Project Director or Deputy Directors
- Masters in Public Health or a related health degree is highly desirable
- At least three years of project/program management or administration/operations experience
- Knowledge of international public health and development issues, with 1-2 years of overseas experience
- Must be a team player and work well in groups
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Flexibility required
- Pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving
- Excellent skills in teamwork and interpersonal communication
- Foreign language proficiency in French and/or Spanish, or other desirable
- Extensive experience using spreadsheets, database use, and presentation software (Microsoft Office)