Position title: Project Manager
Client: High Profile Telecom Client
Work location: Ashburn, VA
Apex Systems is currently searching for an experienced Project Manager to support a Sourcing team and will play a lead role of managing high visibility Program Initiatives and providing critical contract and systems support to the Sourcing managers on a daily basis.
Program Initiatives are in support of one of our high profile telecommunications clients, in the acquisition, rapid launch and deployment of applications, products, and services to customers in both consumer and business markets with an average annual spend of more than $500M+. The scope of products supported includes, but is not limited to, resale of New Products and Services in the following technology areas: Security, Cloud, Contact Center, Internet of Things, Professional Services and Managed Services successfully leading the Sourcing Contract Lifecycle Process to ensure successful delivery of contracts.
A key aspect of this PM role is building collaborative relationships with our internal business partners as well as strategic relationships with our suppliers. This PM will actively manage multiple time-sensitive requests, effectively interface with all levels of management, and efficiently ensure the sourcing process is completed consistent with
Client policies and goals
- Help support and drive all aspects of complex strategic sourcing process including but not limited to taking lead stakeholder calls for New Contract requests,
- Work with Business POCs to initiate high level scoping of contract requirements calls
- Timely project and contract status updates to Business POCs and Leadership
- Develop Program Schedules for Complex Business Programs and identify ownership, reach consensus, meet milestones and complete contracting by business partner required dates.
- Manages supplier relationships, effectively maintaining positive and ethical working relationships.
- Stays current with Verizon Product supported technology and services offered to our Customers and understands Sourcing Best Practices.
- Collaborates closely with key business partners to understand their priorities and challenges; assess their needs on an ongoing basis; and manage their expectations. Earns the business partners respect and serves as a Trusted Advisor.
- Effectively work with internal Sourcing team to update Team Tracker and communicate priorities and pushback to Business POCs as needed
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or 6 or more years of work experience.
* Project Management experience in a complex multi-project and multi-geography environment.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Experience developing resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
* Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
* Strong team leadership skills.
* Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently.
* Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others
Even Better if you have:
* Vendor Management experience.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
* Experience in Sourcing or Procurement
* Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes, policies, and procedures
* Exposure to contract negotiations to include business, price and technical terms
* Experience leading and/or participating in CFTs
* Exposure or support Security, Cloud, Contact Center Technology.
* Exposure to Professional Services / Resale environment would be ideal
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178