PROGRAM MANAGER INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS -
Location: United States - New Hampshire - Londonderry
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: General Management
A global leader in the development and production of advanced night vision and electro-optical technology and systems for the U.S. military, federal agencies, public safety and sporting communities, and international markets. ISR Systems Business Segment, Integrated Land Systems consists of leading and complementary military and commercial divisions: Insight Technology, Electron Tube Operations (ETO) and EOTech.
Company is located in Londonderry, N.H., 50 minutes from Boston, MA, 45 minutes from the Seacoast, and 45 minutes from the White Mountains. Londonderry is a close-knit, vibrant community that provides its residents, families and businesses with efficient services, inviting public spaces, a top-tier school system, easy-access airport and diverse options for housing, recreation and transportation. These qualities attract industry-leading, global companies that are drawn to Londonderrys educated work force, access to commercial transport and superior quality of life. New Hampshire is a sales-tax-free and income-tax-free state.
All positions provide competitive salary, 9/80 work schedule, generous Paid Time Off (PTO), 12 paid holidays, health, dental, disability and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and an opportunity to participate in a matching 401(k) plan.
This position reports to the Director of International Programs and is responsible for providing overall direction for assigned international programs throughout the program lifecycle stages (initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, close). Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical, customer satisfaction metrics of programs throughout the engineering development, transition to production, and production phases. Works closely with the Business Development, Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Finance departments to coordinate and manage proposal efforts from customer requirements definition through scope development, contract negotiation and award. Acts as primary customer interface for all program aspects and leads program reviews to discuss technical, cost and schedule activities. Establishes program schedule to include the development of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and manages scope to ensure continued alignment with contract requirements and budgets. Monitors and assesses program performance against plan (schedule and financial), identifies and manages risk, develops and implements risk mitigation strategies and corrective action when necessary to initiate program changes. Develops and directs the program team to include resource allocation and management. Understands the role and responsibility of each program team member, and through expert communication and leadership skills, establishes a common understanding among team members on scope, schedule, and financial objectives. Works closely with Product Managers to ensure on time delivery of bundled products within cost. Works with Contracts and Supply Chain organizations to manage programs subcontracts via proper flow-down of requirements. Reviews product design and configuration to ensure compliance with product specification, customer requirements, legal requirements, and company standards. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the program budget and regularly reports on budget to actual performance via the Estimate to Complete (ETC) process. Works within the established program reporting structure, providing a concise and accurate program status as well as necessary financial reports and presentations. Continuously identifies program growth opportunities through the capture of funded development and new or adjacent business opportunities. Delivers and communicates the committed business case and provides senior management with the information necessary to manage the business via internal bid reviews and program reviews. Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values. Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Program Manager working on multiple, simultaneous, large programs in a government contracting, product development, or manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing large or complex International programs.
- Proven track record of managing programs with challenging technical, schedule, and cost requirements as well as complex customer and subcontractor relationships.
- Experience in the development and manufacture of electro-optical targeting systems, laser range finders and/or designators, infrared sighting & targeting devices, interoperable and multi-functional EO/IR systems is desired.
- Must have strong understanding of Government contracting requirements such as FAR, ITAR, etc.
- Familiar with international government standards and the military equipment acquisition and qualification process.
Skills, Knowledge, and Certifications:
- Superb analytical, project management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to promote collaboration among the program team.
- Exceptional leadership and decision making skills.
- Excellent computer skills with a strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Project, and knowledge of Deltek CostPoint or similar MRP/ERP software systems.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project/Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification is highly desired.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
Are you able to travel internationally 50% of the time.
Do you have experience doing business in Saudi Arabia/UAE.
Do you have experience as a Program Manager