Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 12 months
In this position, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of complex projects that are considered highly cross-functional, business-critical or customer-impacting. Projects may include: overhauling existing business support systems & tools; developing and launching new products; implementing price changes for existing products and customers; deploying new field operations procedures; deploying new customer premises equipment and more.
- Partner closely with colleagues from Customer Service, Engineering, Network Deployment and Operations, Sales and Marketing, Legal, Government Relations, HR, Communications, and other functions to ensure full project operational readiness.
- Leverage your excellent foundational project management skills. Create and fastidiously track/document project timelines, status and risks. Lead meetings, take notes, distribute and monitor AIs. Anticipate and creatively solve or escalate roadblocks when they arise, to ensure on-time project completion. Build consensus where disagreement arises. Regularly present on the status of your projects to organizational leadership.
- Influence product and business strategy when appropriate, in order to ensure that projects are making progress and remain in alignment with overall business goals.
- Oversee system readiness testing, or “SRT” (does it technically work end to end in a field environment) and market readiness testing or “MRT” (can we operationally support with sales, Customer support, billing etc. in an end to end in a field environment).
- Act as the ultimate protector of the customer to ensure nothing is launched without being ready operationally as well as technically. Drive a culture of “no surprises” — ensuring all parties who are directly involved with projects, and even those who are not, are aware of project status, and ripple effects, long before any changes occur.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of relevant work experience in program/project management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of the client Fiber Product Area and/or the ISP/Cable business.
- Experience implementing billing platforms and features.
- Experience managing new product and feature launches within a complicated systems & tools environment.
Skill Name Level (1-5, 5 being the highest)
1 2 3 4 5 Years Mandatory(Yes/No)
Clear communicator 5 6-8 Years No
Description: Communicate project goals, challenges, statuses, etc. in a way that is easy to understand across different roles (e.g., technical and non-technical) and levels of seniority
Drives action, even in ambiguity 5 6-8 Years No
Description: Ability to take a vague project and organize it into clear goals and objectives, and break down large projects / processes into sub-projects and sub-processes.
Shows leadership, influence and ownership 4 4-5 Years No
Description: Drive programs across teams. Generate the ideas required to solve a problem, and take full ownership of the solution
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Tel: (248) 275-5438
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance