We are a growing company that invests in our most important asset; our people! We offer many opportunities for growth, and we are committed to providing a beneficial career experience for all of our associates.
AAA Life isseeking anIT ProgramManagerto join our team! The IT Program Manager will lead and coordinate the execution of projects assigned to their program team. The program team will be comprised of 1-7 agile project teams each led by a Project Manager/Scrum Master. This role will collaborate with a product owner and executive sponsor to deliver maximum business value. They will be responsible for communicating at an executive level, reporting on program progress and deliverables,and encouraging and overseeing the teams within their program. The IT Program Manager will have excellent communication skills, strong leadership skills, and a well-rounded technical background.
- Responsible for program delivery within a product focus area which may include one or more projects in the portfolio.
- Facilitate program alignment of scope with Product Owner and Sponsor and ensure that business goals and vision are successfully delivered.
- Identify and capture change impacts and associated risks to project scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- Identify mitigation plans for risks and provide oversight and escalation to completion
- Handle all program escalations identified and creatively investigate solutions for quick resolution
- Responsible for ensuring that program deploy plans are reviewed, approved and communicated in support of deployments.
- Integrate multiple project schedules into an overall program release schedule
- Build and manage vendor relationships and delivery of projects on time and within budget
- Vendor Management including the development of contracts and resolution of vendor performance issues
- Lead the communication between the Sponsor, Product Owner and Project Managers to ensure seamless and transparent program/project goal setting
- Prepare program documentation for governance & executive leadership meetings
- Establish program and project KPI’s to measure success of Product Owner’s goals and incorporate into big and visible themes for team to measure success
- Establish program governing body communication cadence to allow for timely, transparent and relevant issue and milestone status reporting
- Demonstrate effective meeting facilitating through pre-planning, agenda and meeting minutes
- Verbal and written communication is clear, concise and effectively conveys intended message
- Tailor written and verbal communication to the audience as appropriate.
- Plan for all resource requirements for the program and work with IT management team to execute
- Develop solid release plans for program and work with Product Owner to navigate and work through changes throughout program execution
- Track budget for program and facilitate governance discussions on status and requests for changes
- Lead the program team to successfully integrate Agile best practices in daily ceremonies and coach team to deliver on exceeding customer expectations
- Demonstrate passion to succeed, work to inspire others and celebrate team success
- Establish solid partnership with IT Team, Product Owner and Sponsor to facilitate program issues and needs effectively
- Build momentum to become a trusted partner by seeking to understand the business’ environment their vision, priority and challenges
- Educate the business teams on agile methodology and the benefits that will drive program success
- Assist with cost analysis including: business cases, project estimates and cost tracking
- Identify resources necessary to accomplish project tasks, assist in estimating where necessary
- Facilitate discussions and meetings at all levels within the organization
- Manage multiple priorities and scheduling needs
- Expert at verbal and written communications. Able to frequently and easily communicate with executives, peers, leaders, project teams, stakeholders and business units
- Proactive planning to allow program team to focus on end state success
- Provide creative resolution on issues and assist other Project Managers with the same
- Achieves Results/Has Bias for Action - Achieves stretch results and consistently completes assigned tasks and meets deadlines with a high level of quality. Analyzes problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions. Plans, organizes and prioritizes workload to make best use of time and resources. Strong bias for action with sense of urgency and high energy. Practices collaborative working environment to achieve more.
- Customer Focus - Has ability to look from customer’s view. Viewed as business partner by external and internal customers. Anticipates customer needs and deals effectively with changes in priorities, unexpected events or unanticipated demands. Removes obstacles to doing business.
- Effective Communication Skills - Candid, clear and concise in communication. Effectively matches style, tone, and method to audience. Connects with intended audience. Communicates information to others in a positive and professional manner. Exemplifies confidence when communicating with management and executives.
- Displays Leadership/Teamwork - Works collaboratively to achieve organization’s success. Effectively uses position and interpersonal skills, mobilizes and inspires others to take action (situational leadership). Willing and able to lead beyond area of expertise.
- Develops People - Provides positive coaching. Actively engages staff in challenging assignments. Holds self and others to high standards. Identifies and hires high potential. Takes action on non-performers.
- Job Knowledge - Holds self and others to high standards. Strives to stay ahead of technical/professional expertise and inspires others to do the same. Seeks out assignments or opportunities to broaden and strengthen skills. Uses knowledge in creative and effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field required
- At least 5 years leading, managing and delivering projects and/or programs
- Working knowledge of project leadership on multifaceted and increasingly complex projects
- PMP Certification preferred
- 10 years of Information Technology Project related experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Agile Methodologies