The Program Manager oversees programs to include Navy, MSC and commercial programs for the company. Program management also includes the providing strategic guidance to teams, project managers, assisting with business development for the general manager and Regional Managers. Responsibilities will include the oversight of all applicable programs that effect organizational strategies, goals and tactics. This position reports directly to the Regional Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Defines, develops, and maintains production execution for projects within assigned program. Maintains close support to assigned customers, and monitors market forces that impact program. Maintain pro-active stance to keep and increase market share within program.
- Supports Human Resource and Corporate objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; participate in audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting program requirements; preparing an annual budget for assigned program; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Approve purchases/expenditures related to projects/contracts.
- Meet margin goals for projects.
- Monitor expenditures against revenue for projects/contracts.
- Monitor project schedules and command changes to project performance as necessary in order to meet schedules.
- Monitor customer satisfaction during and after projects within program.
- Creates project work plans with input from Superintendents and Estimating Departments and revises as required.
- Identifies resources needed and enlists or assigns responsibilities to other team members.
- Develop and disperse project budgets to Superiors and Sub-ordinates.
- Holds and directs a pre-job meeting with project staff (Production, QA, Procurement) to ensure understanding of scope and requirements for day-to-day management of projects.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the program assigned and ensures that production personnel within program are providing safe, quality customer service on-time and on-budget.
- Investigate deviances in man/hour projections and revenue projections to determine cause (change in scope, poor performance, other) to minimize exposure or recognize source of additional revenue.
- Perform an overall job analysis with Production and Estimating Departments to review performance and establish standards for future work.
- Follow up with customer on satisfaction with project.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Project Management or similar disciplines
- 10 + years of experience in ship repair/ fabrication experience
- Ability to obtain Rapid Gate/ DBIDS Credential for access to USN Facilities.
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Must have strong work ethic, be se1f-motivated, and able to multitask
- Strong computer skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office suite applications
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with ongoing deadlines
- Ability to understand and administer OSHA, ABS Classification guidelines, USCG, NAVSEA and SOLAS requirements
- Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, as well as in an office controlled environment.
- May have to visit projects aboard ships and rigs both on and offshore as well as confined spaces.
- Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE when required.
- Visits may require standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
- Some climbing (100 feet) and lifting (50 lbs.) involved.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights while wearing fall prevention equipment.
- Working with hot and sometimes hazardous materials.
- Some travel may be required (~10% per year on average)
We provide paid holidays, PTO, paid medical, vision, life & dental and 401(k) benefits.
Walashek Industrial & Marine Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.