PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Manager Pharmacy - Full Time for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 174007
The Program Mgr - Pharmacy will provide pharmacy support and guidance to initiatives and structures to improve and standardize pharmacy clinical and operational practices, formulary/medication utilization management, and/or safety performance and outcomes. He/she works collaboratively across the pharmacy enterprise and other divisions and departments. The Program Manager - Pharmacy ensures appropriate enterprise-wide and inter-professional engagement in practice and quality initiatives and structures. He/she supports creation and utilization of quality and safety metrics and other performance reporting. He/she incorporates principles of data driven high reliability and process improvement into all practice and quality initiatives.
- Manages multiple (or a portfolio) of projects. Ensures that the overall collection of projects maximizes support to the achievement of the organization’s business goals and objectives. Serves as project-portfolio manager collecting and distributing data for reviewing, assessing, and managing projects to ensure that expected contributions to the portfolio and intended business benefits are met. Develops project plans and deliverables, directs all project phases and acts as primary contact to project stakeholders; Participates in or develops mechanisms for establishing, monitoring and integrating project elements, and communications concerning change management processes and decisions; Performs project management activities in accordance with accepted project management standards in industry.
- Actively leads project planning and design activities for high value, complex projects in a way which improves clarity of purpose, ownership, and understand of key interdependencies between key projects and subprojects, improving the probability of successful and timely deployment.
- Develops and fosters a stronger, more strategic partnership with our business partners to efficiently identify and prioritize investments that are aligned with PeaceHealth strategic imperatives
- Identifies resources needed and works with the Pharmacy Director to develop work plans to support efforts. Coordinates activity independently as required by identified work using resources allocated for project.
- Tracks, monitors, and ensures rapid and appropriate follow-up by PeaceHealth leadership and management teams to ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
- Develops standardized processes in collaboration with the Pharmacy Director
- Leads by example – Models collaborative, evidence-based decision-making. Incorporates standards for pharmacy and PeaceHealth strategic goals into enterprise standards and practices.
- Prepares for and leads required engagements with Executive Sponsors; acts as key interface between stakeholders to help facilitate team building, improved communication and project success.
- Establishes and improves the communication with and between stakeholders in a way that increases engagement and understanding of key project decisions, improving leadership confidence in ability to deliver per plan.
- Facilitates effective meeting design and execution to improve overall project communications and performance.
- Works with financial and clinical analysts and informaticists to gather project related metrics to trend progress and present to associated committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Computer Science or related field or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience required Experience/Training
- Master’s degree (MHA or MBA) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in building and leading enterprise program/project portfolio management teams
- Enterprise level program management experience required with a proven track record in managing multiple complex high-profile projects simultaneously and driving toward successful results.
- Demonstratable leadership and leadership development in large, complex healthcare organizations.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence and lead programs/projects at all levels across the organization.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members to work collaboratively in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deliverables.
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to apply LEAN / Six Sigma principles in quality improvement projects
- Advanced computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Ability to think and act independently
- Ability to present before diverse groups including students, peers, caregivers, providers, and executives
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate with staff at all levels
- Ability to write clear and concise policy and procedures
- A strong understanding of hospital internal systems and processes developed through firsthand experience, observations, medication-use evaluations, interviews, and data analysis for a spectrum of patient populations (e.g., pediatric, geriatric, cardiac, oncology).
- Knowledge of and experience with all aspects of the medication-use system, including procurement, prescribing, transcribing, preparation, distribution, administration, documentation, and monitoring.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of statistics, population data, and the concepts of risk and prioritization.
- Knowledge of performance-improvement methodology and tools, including root cause analysis (RCA), failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), cause-and effect diagramming, process-flow mapping, and methods for monitoring projects and measuring the progress of performance-improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent small- and large-group presentation skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills, especially the ability to communicate to all types of health care providers as individuals as well as in small and large groups.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to function proactively rather than reactively.
- Understanding of concepts and application of safety principles, continuous quality improvement, and human factors engineering.
- Strong personal belief in engaging patients as part of the health care team.
- Eagerness to learn from external sources of information to identify best practices for potential application.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $39.88, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Pharmacy Services || Full Time || HOSPITAL ADMIN