Volt Workforce Solutions has an exciting career opportunity for a Program Manager for our clients Grand Forks, North Dakota location. You will be a PM over Tactical missions, so pilot's or ex-military/aerospace would be a great fit for this exciting position.
About our client:
Our client is a leading technology company, based in Grand Forks, ND. with locations in Phoenix, CA and Pittsburgh. They specialize in exciting custom mission critical applications, designs and test solutions for industry leaders in the aerospace, automotive, semi-conductor areas just to name a few. Located in beautiful Grand Forks, ND, which offers great outdoor activities and fantastic real-estate market.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead overall planning of projects from quoting through delivery to the customer.
- Work closely with internal and external teams to achieve delivery, quality, and costs requirements.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the customer and ensure that the customer’s expectations are being met. Identify and successfully land and execute new programs that will have a major strategic impact on the long-term success of the company.
- Lead proposal effort and assist in securing of contract. Coordinate efforts with sub-contractors to ensure adherence to schedule and task orders. Coordinate customer demonstrations and ensure customer requirements are being captured. Every position plays an important role in sustaining a lean culture.
- A continuous improvement mindset is essential to reach the company's goals. The term "continuous improvement" means incremental improvement of products, processes, or services over time, with the goal of reducing waste to improve workplace functionality customer service, or product performance.
- Work with sales/engineering team during quoting phase to coordinate proposals, understand and clarify customer requirements and project requirements.
- Lead cross functional team in all phases of the order.
- Work with the team to plan the project and meet commitments to the customer.
- Take program lead while working closely with engineering managers and teams to initiate plans, drive schedule and initiate changes for continuous improvement.
- Work with department managers to establish resource availability.
- Communicate with customer regularly regarding status of project.
- Ensure customer requirements are met while watching for scope changes and working with sales and the customer to make amendments to the contract as needed.
- Oversee, maintain and upgrade existing accounts to ensure ongoing client satisfaction.
- Track measurements of cost, lead-time and quality throughout process and communicate with team and management.
- Work with other program managers and senior management to prioritize the programs effectively.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Interface with other locations to ensure synergy.
- Initiate, lead, and implement continuous improvement activities to achieve profitability and improve quality.
- Travel expectations with this position between customer visits and corporate office visits are 50%.
- B.S. or equivalent in Technical Field.
- At least 5 years similar project management experience with technical manufacturing company.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) and obtain a passport.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Ability to work in a customer environment and interface directly with the customer.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and conflict management skills.
- Team building skills.
- Leadership skills.
Our client offers excellent benefits and relocation assistance
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Emlployer