Description :Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
The Power Program Manager will be responsible for providing tactical maintenance and engineering services to support safe, economic and highly reliable Fleet Operations. Act as a subject matter expert to carry out planning, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, new construction activities through others for electrical power systems. Provide consistent implementation of standards and programs throughout Calpine's Fleet improving operational reliability and efficiency. Provide technical guidance to other departments within Calpine. Provide technical leadership to both internal and external organizations and entities. Responsible for working with internal or contractor resources to ensure activities meet company and industry standards. This position is subject to afterhours call outs and response.
• Accomplish work in high voltage location and potentially hazardous environments within a power plant, substation, and/or around transmission/distribution lines.
• Implement plant/fleet programs that improve operational efficiency, reliability, and availability for medium and high voltage electrical systems.
• Oversee implementation and execution of medium and high voltage inspection, maintenance, testing procedures, with objectives and guidance from engineering and industry standards.
• Make decisions for large scale projects and complex issues, generally focused on determination of tactical approach, scheduling, procurement, cost tracking and resource management, involving own or related functional areas.
• Assist with development and implementation of standards to optimize plant electrical system and equipment operation.
• Coordinate with other departments within the Engineering Group to achieve comprehensive plant/fleet engineering support.
• Interface with OEM’s, Utilities, Engineering consultants, regulatory agencies, third parties, contractors, and internal technicians.
• Provide input to contractual documents, scopes of work, and technical requirements.
• Assist in the development and administration of operating, maintenance, and capital expenditure budgets.
• Assist in overseeing execution of proper high voltage equipment, test equipment, PPE, live line tool preventative maintenance practices.
• Participate, contribute, and make recommendations in outage planning and coordination activities with operations and plant staff.
• Leads the researches for innovations from external sources and identifies opportunities to develop new processes, tools, services and techniques within the functional areas.
• Train and mentor employees on technical skills in functional areas.
• Work with other groups operational and administrative groups to maintain necessary spare parts for functional area..
Requirements :• Bachelor’s Degree in technical engineering or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated 10+ years’ experience in project, construction and/or maintenance management with medium and/or high voltage power systems including generation, transmission or distribution systems.
• Demonstrated previous strong, supervisory technical and leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Experience with ETAP or SKM is a plus.
• Experience with computerized maintenance management software or ability to learn.
• Proven knowledge of methods for inspection, installation, operation, testing and/or maintenance in electrical power generation, transmission and/or distribution.
• Strong electrical safety knowledge is highly preferred.
• Valid state driver’s license.