GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Program Manager works programs of varying complexity with a focus on cost, schedule performance, and business growth on assigned program here at KUAS.
Specific Skills REQUIRED:
Experience managing an international program
Export / Import control experience
Willing to travel internationally
Adaptable to working with multiple countries
Familiarity with international defense acquisition rules
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This is an entry to mid-level position in Program Management
- Defines program/project objectives, creates and maintains program plan/schedule, and directly manages program budget to meet established company and customer objectives
- Issues project instructions and controls changes to project scope and designs in compliance with established quality system.
- Ensures that the program/project team achieves objectives for scheduling, engineering, quality, and cost control.
- Breaks work down into manageable tasks required to meet the objectives of the program/project and customer, which includes the assigning and/or directing the work of others.
- Ensures satisfaction of all contractual and Statement of Work (SOW) requirements.
- Establishes a risk management program, and ensures all risks are mitigated.
- Reports program status and performance, as required by contract or management.
- Interfaces with the customer and other company personnel on technical, production, and procurement issues.
- Coordinates the cost estimates (labor & material) associated with out of scope activities or future work.
- Responsible for managing root cause analysis efforts on nonconforming product for assigned projects; troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action.
- Keeps customers informed of program schedules and status.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data, using computer.
- Coordinates and leads meetings as required to plan and communicate all aspects of assigned projects.
- Works with other internal departments to develop a resource allocation plan.
- Establishes the earned value baseline.
- Establishes and monitors program metrics.
- Grows existing programs to increase revenues.
- Monitors program performance, formulates and takes corrective actions to mitigate deviations to the program plans and alert management of potential problems when necessary.
- Coordinates with multiple major contractors and/or Government user.
- Supports subcontractor development efforts, including delivery management.
- Works within the company to ensure program quality assurance performance.
- Manages the integration and testing of hardware and software.
- Works with other internal program managers to help develop a mutual resource allocation plan.
- Works with contracts personnel to identify out of scope activities and ensure contract deliverables are met.
- Oversees the receipt, assembly, test, and quality of deliverable hardware to customers.
- Follows safety precautions.
- Communicates and represents the Company professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel.
Other Job Functions
Other duties may be assigned
- May have supervisory responsibility for support staff as assigned.
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
Ability to adhere to workplace rules and procedures
Understanding of and experience working with FAR/DFAR and Contract requirements
- Excellent customer relationship development and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functionally to meet program/project requirements.
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills.
A high degree of innovation and creativity.
Strong problem solving skills
- Proven track record in a high variety, low volume manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of the marketplace and customer needs, objectives and expectations.
- Ability to provide effective direction, leadership and team building.
- Demonstrated abilities to plan, prioritize and delegate work assignments.
- Skills and abilities to provide technical and administrative guidance for activities in defined scope of responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Ability to develop program strategy and goals in alignment with overall company objectives.
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to communicate, influence, and gain commitment of stakeholders.
- Ability to work well in a team, and to shine as an individual.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship) including meeting all DD254 requirements when applicable.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 requirements.
Demonstrated leadership in a complex development environment.
Familiarity with contract provisions applicable to contracts and subcontracts.
Strong working knowledge of business financial systems / processes.
Leadership experience in the aerospace industry.
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
- Extensive knowledge of KUAS product lines, policies, and procedures.
- Hands-on skills in the areas of desktop computer applications (MS Office), proposal development, and the opportunity management process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE::
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Program Management Professional Certification
Detailed understanding of doing business with the US Gov’t and DoD customer especially with aerial target systems or flight operations
- 3-5 years Program Management experience, ideally in support of Department of Defense contracts
In lieu of a the educational requirements, a minimum of 10 years directly related Program Manager experience in support of DoD contracts may be considered.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Office and or manufacturing environment
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- 0-25% - May require frequent travel locally. domestically and/or international