We are seeking a Program Manager to support Fiber projects in California (CA).
Responsible for the overall performance of fiber deployment projects by managing a Project Management and Construction Management team and communicating directly with customers.
Responsible for overseeing the budgets and ensuring the timely and effective completion of multiple projects of varying scope and ensuring that all of their project managers are doing the same for their specific projects, while also effectively coordinating with all of the functions.
Program Management, Leasing/Zoning, Small Cell Networks (SCN), DAS, Deployment, OSP , Fiber, Cellular
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure that the project managers reporting thereto are managing the profit & loss, job cost, cash flow, contract deliverable's, and increase asset yield for all of their assigned projects.
- Communicate directly with customers as appropriate acting as the escalation point for customer issues. Ensure that the project teams keep customers informed of project progress, issues and projected completion dates. Develop a strong working relationship with each customer’s decision- makers in order to maximize new opportunities and revenue.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of customer contracts and customer expectations.
- Monitor project status and ensure that system data are accurate, timely, and complete.
- Monitor cost forecasts, updates, and provide regular updates to management to ensure adherence to budget.
- Responsible for ensuring all costs and time-frames are managed to the approved budgets/forecasts and any deviations therefrom are communicated and approved as soon as discovered.
- Work with the Network Operations Manager to ensure effective hand-off practices and to ensure capital and repair & maintenance expenditures are coded appropriately.
- Manage teams of Project Managers, Construction Managers, and Project Coordinators including hiring, terminations, performance reviews, training, rewards, and recognition, and scheduling.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business or related field
- PMP certification preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing development projects (i.e. site acquisition, zoning, permitting and construction management)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in project management including experience in budgeting and finance across multiple projects
- Previous people management experience
- Previous experience managing off-site teams strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management, and network construction in both the Public and Privates rights-of-way
- Customer focus with a problem solving approach to each customer install
- Disciplined approach to answering customer questions/concerns by the end of each business day
- Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues related to small cell deployments
- Ability to direct a team by setting goals and priorities to facilitate achievement of organizational objectives
- Strong computer skills especially Microsoft Office, Word, Excel etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to diagnose work flow problems and implement remedies
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable, and will consider all qualified applications for employment.