Job DescriptionJob #: 1026379
Program Manager Opportunity - Waltham, MA
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment (NYSE: ASGN) to make it the 2nd largest IT services company in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Program Manager with one of our clients in Waltham, MA.
The details for the role are below. If interested in learning more please send a copy of your resume in MS Word format to Brianna Andre, firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the details:
- Position: Program Manager
- Location: Waltham, MA
- Duration: 1 year
- Rate: Negotiable based on experience
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Leading the Customer Transformation Program. Looking for a customer focused leader to steer the program but developing process, aligning people and understanding the technology to strategically lead the customer engagement
- Leading the Customer Transformation Program. Looking for a customer focused leader to steer the program but developing process, aligning people and understanding the technology to strategically lead the customer engagement.
- Must be a strategic thinker, create an agile environment, help define scope of a multi year program north of 20 million in spend. Ideally has led 2-3 large programs with a customer driven industry.
Nice to haves:
- Consulting background IE: deloitte, Accenture
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define IT program strategy to maximize desired business outcomes
- Work closely with the program delivery leads to develop and deliver IT solutions to meet the business’s requirements
- Manage the relationship with and performance of the delivery partners.
- Develop and deliver the support and development model for post implementation operations and improvement
- Interact with senior executives and prepare reports to address executives’ informational needs
- Coordinate with internal (e.g., Gas Business, Electric Business, Jurisdictions, IS, HR, Regulatory) and external (e.g. consultancies) project stakeholders.
- Support the implementation of National Grid’s Project Golden Rules and transparently escalate issues and risks
- Contribute content to executive presentations, including the Steering Committee, US Executive Committee, Group Executive Committee and PLC Board
- Ensure comprehensive IS governance processes are in place to ensure adequate technical and financial control and compliance.
Knowledge and Capabilities:
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working in technology roles within growing, complex, dynamic, and customer-focused companies undergoing significant transformation. The candidate should have 10+ years in progressive leadership roles with experience leading portfolios of multiple programs. S/he should have knowledge and experience delivering major IT programs of similar size and complexity (e.g. $20M+). S/he should be familiar with industry best practice solutions (agile delivery, SOA, risk issue management, etc.) and have a successful track record of identifying and sharing these best practices. The candidate should also have experience identifying and evaluating disruptive technologies that could help support National Grid’s future ambitions.
S/he should have experience working in an international multi-vendor ecosystem with resources both on and off-shore. The candidate should have the ability to work well within matrix organizations and have a successful track record of implementing significant change.
The successful candidate will start and finish with the customer in mind, with a strong accountability for delivering on commitments, while possessing the ability to navigate quickly through complexity. S/he person will bring people together across organizational boundaries to achieve results as a team and share best practices.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.