Country:United States of America
Location:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Solutions is a business unit within Collins Aerospace and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Solutions business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years. We design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems on the International Space Station, including the space suit, and undersea in submarines. We are looking for energetic and highly motivated Program Operations Manager for its Operations Organization.
The Program Operations Manager is responsible for the direction of operations resources that are deployed to the program. Working with the program team this function effectively manages the manufacturing, testing, and delivery of the end product. The effort additionally requires adherence to all functional procedures, compliance to budgets, as well as meeting all contracted schedules.
Primary duties of the Program Operations Manager include:
- The development of a Master Manufacturing Plan, a Program Operating Plan, and a Master Schedule
- Establishing /reviewing budgets and capital/manpower plans
- Providing program status reports to the customer and upper management
- Assisting Purchasing during negotiations of major subcontracted items.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Operations Management or Business desired, Advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Operations or in interfacing with Operations organization on a recurring basis.
- Abilities to work closely with internal/ external customers.
- Ability to work on tight schedules – to meet program plans/scheduled and budgets from Operations
- Knowledge of ACE and/or Lean is encouraged.
- Strong computer skills specifically in using MS Project, and MS Office products.
- Strong presentation skills both written and verbal required
- Some travel may be needed for this position (approx. 10% or less)
- US Citizen or Green Card
“This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA’s regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce.”
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms