General Dynamics Electric Boat is the world’s foremost designer and builder of nuclear submarines, the most complex machines made by man. The company’s industry leadership extends back over a century to 1899 when it produced the U.S. Navy's first commissioned undersea warship. Today, Electric Boat prides itself on being the premier shipbuilding company in the industry. We develop and apply state of the art technology to the design and construction of nuclear powered submarines. With a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees, we have successfully taken submarine technology to a new level.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Reporting to Ethan Sunderland, COLUMBIA (CLB) Common Missile Compartment Lead, the Program Representative position will be responsible for management, cost and schedule performance for the COLUMBIA Class fixtures including R Fixture and Transportation & Storage Fixtures (TSF) which is used for shipment of missile tubes. This position will be responsible for the program planning and execution as defined in EB Policy Statement 09. This includes program execution, management of fabrication and, procurement and shipping of TSFs for the duration of the CLB program. This position will also include support for special property control all fixtures. This position represents the program interface with Quonset Point Operations, EB Design & Engineering, NAVSEA PMS397, SOSG and UK MoD
- Ensure products are developed with the highest level of quality, to ensure the tasks are completely and correctly accomplished.
- Continuously measure each functional area's performance against objectives initiating prompt corrective action as required.
- Support development of the critical processes for TSF/missile tubes shipment turnover to US Navy, UK MOD, and BAE.
- Develop program briefing packages and metrics and status for tasking.
- Preparation of Design Review Information and coordination of meetings to demonstrate progress, challenges and resolution plans for tasking.
- Develop and present program status briefs to US Navy, SOSG, Electric Boat Management, BAE and UK MOD.
These actions will be completed working very closely with Engineering, and Operations personnel and support departments, addressing issues and obstacles to ensure on-time and smooth execution of TSF shipments and achieve sales and earnings goals.
Candidates must be self-starters who can pay attention to details. Strong oral and written skills are needed as well as organizational and planning skills and must have the capability to write clearly and concisely. Candidates must have the ability to communicate with utmost professionalism. The desire to learn, grow and lead will be a discriminator.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience required.
- BS in Engineering, Management, Business or BA in Finance required
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, communication skills and project management skills are required.
- Project management and team leadership experience preferred.
- Prior experience in Quality, Planning, or Program Office is desirable.
- Experience working with SUPSHIP, NAVSEA and UK MoD/BAE is highly desirable.
- PEER access
- Strong writing skills are essential and necessary.
- Must have excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
- Must have a strong desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement