Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Working under general guidance creates and updates detailed Program plans and schedules. Manages multiple program schedules of varying complexity. Monitors team performance against schedule goals for a large and complex set of work packages for major programs. Identifies and analyzes variances from program performance goals. Uses the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) in reporting performance against an established baseline and recommends corrective actions.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Creates and maintains Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and Integrated Master Plans (IMP) according to customer requirements and published standards. Applies recommended resources in order to satisfy company and customer requirements.
- Prepares schedules as part of a proposal team for large efforts.
- Assists in setting the Performance Management Baseline (PMB), and in leading the Integrated Baseline Review (IBR). Inputs baseline data into applicable tools (MS Project and Cobra).
- Works as a key member of the Integrated Product Team (IPT) to assist the Program Manager in driving accountability toward achieving the cost, schedule, and scope baseline. Assists in quarterly Estimates at Completion. Provides regular communication to team members and leadership on the variance to the plan, and helps establish corrective actions.
- Evaluates status and reports problem areas to the project team. Considers trends and recommends corrective actions. Performs critical path analysis over the duration of the programs.
- Assists in the development of program Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Control Accounts, work packages, planning packages, and associated dictionaries.
- Reviews and evaluates current scheduling methodology on a continual basis.
- Performs special projects and studies as required. Assists program managers by researching and gathering specific data (resources, schedule duration, activity constraints and relationship of activities) required for coordination and establishment of program plans and schedules used to monitor and assess program, team or functional progress. Identifies deviations from established plans and develops recovery plans and actions.
- Leads initiatives for process and quality improvements. Identifies improvements to scheduling processes and tools which lead to positive results in product quality. Maintains accurate and timely metrics associated with Program Schedule performance.
- Prepares contract deliverables relating to the IMS and IMP as required.
A Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting, Business, Software or related discipline with 3-5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in MS Project, or similar software, is required. Proficiency with the COBRA EV tool, or similar software, is highly desired. Knowledge of government accounting rules and regulations, Defense contractor accounting principles, EVMS and Critical Path Management is also required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Working knowledge in a project oriented/engineering environment, preferably in the Aerospace& Defense industry.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling and variance analysis of multiple large/complex programs, in varied type and phase of program life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of Earned Value Management in accordance with EIA 748 standards, to include Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), Performance Management Baseline (PMB), and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Variance Analysis as well as associated risk tools and analysis.
- Experience with customer relationships and deliverables.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience with software tools such as Microsoft Project, Cobra or Primavera, and Excel.