The Program Specialist, Sr. Business Intelligence supports the data reporting requirements of the PACE Department by performing analysis and reporting data to support quality initiatives and regulatory requirements. The incumbent is responsible for assisting with the development of internal systems and reporting to ensure timely and accurate data reporting and analysis; communicating updates and analysis results to stakeholders for PACE health plan and service provision activities, which may include quality reporting, utilization management, encounter and financial reporting.
- Analyzes and documents information related to the PACE program’s operations, clinical and financial information in collaboration with management’s requirements and specifications to accomplish desired results.
- Maintains several databases and builds new databases as needed.
- Prepares reports timely, evaluates data for accuracy, including the application of standardized analysis and communicates findings clearly and concisely.
- Manages, progressively, more complex projects and performs more complex analyses.
- Re-directs complex data integrity issues to the Manager, Quality Improvement for further evaluation and action as needed.
- Other duties and projects assigned by management.
- Plan, organize, and implement data collection activities.
- Initiate and follow-through on projects with little supervision or guidance.
- Communicate concisely verbally, in writing and through public presentations.
- Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g. Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access) and interact as needed with CalOptima Information Systems (e.g. SQL, Tableau and/or MicroStrategy).
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Mathematics, statistics or a related field; or equivalent work experience is required.
- 2 years of professional experience in health care administration performing data analysis type work required.
- Prior experience with Business Intelligence data integration preferred.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Mathematical, statistical and operational research tools in order to produce valid reports.
- Techniques in data design and data management, utilizing PC systems.
- Principles of effective analysis and report writing.
- Principles and practices of health care systems, and medical administration.