Headquartered in Northwest Fort Worth, Texas, EFW employs around 650 of the brightest minds in defense and provides them with the tools, training, and support to achieve excellence. Here, you are given the freedom and responsibility to try new ideas and expand the realm of possibility. Our mission is “to continuously improve.” We’re able to constantly meet this goal because we treat our people right and invest in the most up-to-date equipment to meet the ever-growing expectations of our clients.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Lead SubContracts Representative to the Sensor and Fire Control Business Unit / Program responsible for the IFT Program.
- Analyze procurement data and select subcontractors to provide requested items, assuring their ability to comply with specified requirements defined by the Program, including engineering, quality control, customers, government agencies and the company. Provide blueprints, drawings, layouts, SOWs or other specifications for specialized materials and services.
- Prepare request for proposals, solicit subcontractors and suppliers for proposals and evaluate responses based on pricing and capability to perform the required scope of work in accordance with company policies and procedures, FAR / DFAR regulations and IAW Customer requirements flowed via SSOW, PWS etc..
- Proposal evaluations to ensure TINA Compliance IAW FAR / DFAR regulations and IAW Customer requirements flowed via SSOW, PWS etc.
- Review and or establish subcontractor terms and conditions that are in compliance with ESA and or Customer terms and conditions.
- Negotiate subcontracts with subcontractors for optimum price, schedule and quality performance in accordance with company policies and procedures and FAR / DFAR regulations.
- Administration of subcontracts for compliance with provisions set forth. Monitor subcontractors’ performance through progress reports such as EVMS and WBS and on-site visits. Working knowledge of tower and general construction deployment in remote environments within CONUS.
- Development of alternate sources of supply for Electronic and Electrical assemblies, custom fabricated materials, and specialized services (in conjunction with the appropriate Commodity Managers)
- Develop and direct negotiation strategy for subcontracts and provide any additions, deletions, or modifications necessary to produce specified product, taking into account legal implications affecting the company.
- Interface with support groups to ensure subcontractor questions and or issues are resolved, enabling the subcontractor to adhere to overall requirements and schedules. Coordination of overall activities of Subcontractors is paramount to ensure priority of activities and scheduled events are completed.
- Participate in and promote improvement initiatives and activities with subcontractors and within the Supply Chain Management organization (in conjunction with Supply Line Engineering and Supply Chain Management).
- Participate in the preparation and delivery of Program reviews and briefings to internal Management and external customers.
- Assist less experienced Supply Chain personnel as assigned to the program.
- Negotiate and award Subcontracts committing Company funds in support of Business Programs per signature authority guidelines.
- Identify potential sources for material acquisition.
- Audit and recommend approval of supplier processes.
Outside Business Relationships:
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred)
Master's preferred (ten plus years of experience may substitute).
Bachelor's required (ten years of experience may substitute).
Training Pre-requisites (Within One Year of Taking Position)
X Safety Training, as dictated by Safety Department
Preferred: ISM, APICS
Functional (Using Skill Set) - five to ten years experience.
Management - three to five years experience.
Industry - five to ten years experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Strong knowledge of contracting suppliers for building of products IAW SOWs and Specifications
- Strong knowledge of BaaN ERP System with respect to Purchasing, Planning, and Inventory Management
- Quality assurance systems and methods
- Strong communication skill both verbal and electronic
- Aware of technical aspects associated with the production of the goods to be produced
- Strong program/project management experience
- FAR/DFAR – strong working knowledge
- Aerospace, Military or similar industry
- Demonstrated electronic/mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of FFP, CPFF, T&M, and IDIQ contracts
Elbit Systems of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities