JOB TITLE: Program Supervisor
- Community Learning Centers
- Facility Based Day Hab/Pre-Voc
- Community Habilitation
Responsible for site oversight, including scheduling and supervision of DSP's. Involved in problem solving and day to day conflict resolution. Communicates regularly with all members of the team, including families. Is a resource to site staff providing and scheduling necessary trainings as well as providing direction on the day-to-day routine of the site, participant routines, and agency policies and procedures. Ensures active and meaningful habilitation is provided in accordance with OPWDD regulations. Implements and supervises general program functions.
Observes agency and program policies and procedures to ensure safety of and promote the well-being of participants and the protection of their individual rights. Maintains knowledge of procedures and systems in the operation of the setting, which may include medical procedures, medication ordering, recreation, nutrition and menu planning, and site finances as well as all related documentation. Demonstrates the agency mission, vision and values, as well as ensures the practice of these by Direct Support Professionals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works independently of the site Manager. Communicates any issues and needs to the correct parties, and is responsible for day to day operation of the site. Serves as primary supervisor for assigned staff.
- Provides training to newly hired DSPs. Implements and follows the coaching plan ensuring staff receives the necessary and appropriate training to perform their job duties at assigned sites. Ensures new and current staff are registered to attend all agency mandated and necessary training. Informs staff of training they are assigned to attend. Corrects and coaches staff as needed for the smooth and appropriate running of the site. Completes, with assistance from the Manager, core competency based performance appraisals.
- Ensures site schedule is staffed to meet the needs of individuals, including programming, medical appointments, and recreation outings, while minimizing overtime. Ensures schedule meets all safeguard staffing minimums, and includes staff certified for the needs on each shift. Follows through on submitted benefit
requests, filling open shifts with staff that are trained, appropriate to work at the site, and following agency policy and procedure for staffing patterns.
- With assistance from the Manager, conducts staff interviews, screening, reference checking and other aspects of the hiring process. Provides feedback, both written and oral, to Manager and other supervisory staff regarding individual or facility-related concerns, individual progress, pre-placement visits, and pre-hire visits.
- Ensures individual plans support community participation and contribution. Ensures that specific valued outcomes frequency for each individual is met. Is involved in regular and assigned QA checks. Informs staff of documentation to be completed and follows up ensuring its completion. Verifies signature sheet is accurate and up-to-date. Evaluates and reviews daily billing documentation.
- Assumes supervisory role to assist the site manager or other supervisory staff, which may include weekends, evenings, etc. Fills in for other manager duties during longer absences. Works with co-workers to plan shift to ensure that all needs are met, tasks accomplished, and assignments completed. Updates and notifies manager or other supervisor(s) on mutual concerns and activities of the site.
- Helps ensure the positive appearance of the facility, home, or individual living units by conducting routine inspections, timely reporting of facility maintenance needs. Supervising and training individuals in residential in the upkeep of their rooms. Writes work orders as needed.
- Provides training in various activities of daily living, self-help, communications, safety skills and interests, helping each person improve his or her ability to function more independently. Assists individuals in sorting through choices. Works with individuals on specific written goals and outcomes during assigned shift, in accordance with plans, desires and life goals. Documents appropriately.
- Implements health-related and medication regimens for all consumers, in accordance with program policies and procedures. Completes appropriate documentation. Implement behavior management plans as written. Documents interventions or behaviors, as required, on appropriate forms. Communicates changes in regiments and plans to staff.
- Accompanies individuals to off-site activities or in the community to provide general supervision, skills training, or assistance as may be necessary including grocery shopping, banking, recreation, entertainment, medical appointments. Assists in planning group leisure activities, recreational events, and outings. May conduct site meetings, maintaining minutes and providing feedback on participant requests. Completes recreation calendar and site newsletter, and distributes, as applicable.
- Periodically chairs meetings in the absence of the Manager. Meets regularly with other Supervisors. Demonstrates respect in all professional relationships.
- Conducts fire drills, maintaining appropriate records of response and evacuation times. Notifies Manager of any difficulties with evacuation. Gives feedback to staff on drills needed or completed.
- Attends in-service training sessions, staff or other meetings at the request of the Manager. Assists as requested in the facilitation of site staff meetings and topics discussed.
- Observes program policies and procedures regarding the handling of accounts and personal money, site credit cards, petty cash money, general requisitions, Wegmans and Walmart requests, and banking.
- Observes program policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the handling of incidents and emergencies, operation of agency vehicle, nutrition and menu planning, and administration of medications, as applicable.
- Serves as a positive role model for individuals and staff. Maintains neat appearance, hygiene, and grooming. Interacts with others promoting an atmosphere of respect, and teamwork. May serve as an in-house "advocate" for designated residents, within residential homes.
- Completes special tasks at the request of the Manager or other supervisory staff.
- Supervision of assigned site and float/sub staf
- Managers and Program Managers
- Registered Nurse (medical)
Bachelor's Degree and over one year relevant experience or an equivalent amount of education/experience. Field- specific experience preferred. Valid NYS Driver's License with no moving violations twelve (12) months prior to hire.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
CPR and First Aid Certification and Medication Administration. Positive Approaches. All Staff are Teachers training and peer coach designation. Will be required to obtain and maintain Agency Driver Certification.