The Programmatic Operations Analyst role will drive growth of NYT programmatic revenue by acting as the day-to-day operations point of contact, partnering with programmatic solutions educating and equipping the sales team, and manage programmatic platforms. Responsibilities include:
- Partners with Revenue Analytics to provide accurate and frequent analysis of programmatic optimizations and opportunities.
- Manages the day-to-day programmatic platform management and operations, which include rule and deal optimizations, ad quality enforcement, and troubleshooting.
- Assists the sales and planning teams with deal creation and health checks to ensure ideal performance.
- Partner with sales to help assist and recommend programmatic inventory and targeting solutions.
- Works with the Programmatic Manager to partner with ad platforms on programmatic partner integrations and technical optimizations.
- Manage, maintain, and grow our relationships with ad exchanges, sales side platforms (SSPs) and data management platforms (DMPs).
- Acts as an internal expert on programmatic business trends, new technologies and best practices, and proactively communicate them with sales and operations teams.
- Special focus on deploying and maintaining best-in-class programmatic technology solutions by testing partner’s header bidding, price rules, and deal capabilities.
- BA or BS from accredited 4 year university
- Minimum 3+ years experience in digital advertising or media and 2+ years working with DMPs, ad exchanges, agency trading desks, DSPs and supply-side platforms (SSPs)
- Minimum 1+ years experience in data visualization tools, such as; Tableau, DOMO, Qlik, or Lookr.
- Fluent in the ad tech landscape including survey, data collection, verification, viewability, real-time bidding, behavioral targeting, retargeting, cookie matching, and platforms beyond desktop (mobile, video, social)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with extreme attention to detail while maintaining a sense of humor
- A consultative approach with both internal and external clients
- An excellent communicator
Benefits and Perks:
- Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families
- We support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match.
- We offer a competitive parental leave.
- We are committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provide employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement.
- We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
- Join a community committed to the richness of diversity, experiences and talents in the world we cover, supported by a variety of employee resource groups.
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.