GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
To design, maintain, and implement company-wide software applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Writes new software and modifies existing software based on analysis of user requests.
- Tests, documents, and trains users on new software and modifications.
- Researches and implements methods of communicating data and information between the AS/400 and the client network.
- Responds to user requests for program troubleshooting.
- Acts as backup for other IT functions.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
Ability to adhere to workplace rules
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: 4 year college/university education, or equivalent experience.
Required: 2 to 4 years related experience.
Required: Thorough knowledge of .NET applications programming
Preferred: AS400 applications programming.
Preferred: ASNA Visual RPG
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds