Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Systematics suite of products is the foundation for some of the world’s most successful banks and financial services organizations. This comprehensive suite of applications provides integrated, end-to-end solutions for customer management, deposits, lending, and financial and management reporting. The integrated suite is flexible and optimized for large financial organizations of any business structure or geographic scale. It supports multi-bank, multi-currency and multilingual environments. It can easily manage the rapid, successive changes necessary today, whether driven by consolidation, globalization, competition, the Internet or other emerging factors.
What you will be doing
You will be designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. You will work closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies and complying with FIS architectural standards.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
What you bring:
- Four to five years of experience with Java. Some knowledge of Hibernate, Spring, MVC, OSGI, web development, Camel and CXF.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Has a general understanding of principles in one or more programming languages and at least one systems development life cycle model
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
Added bonus if you have:
• Experience with JIRA and bitbucket is a plus.
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, 401k match and employee stock purchasing plan with a match.
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.