Omaha, NE, USA
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and one of the leading producers of ethanol in the world. Through our adjacent businesses we are focused on the production of high-protein feed ingredients and export growth opportunities.
Location: Omaha, NE
The Programmer Analysts role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications is support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. This position requires effective communication and coordination across a broad constituency of departments, projects and platforms. This position is ultimately responsible for meeting user need, application functionality and assuring maximum application efficiency and utilization.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Analyze Green Plains requirements; research, design, and implement high performance and high
availability applications to meet strategic objectives and programs
- Lead or participate on project teams to design, code, and test extensible, reusable, and scalable
application extensions, server/client and web service applications
- Collaborate with internal/external software developers, quality assurance, and business analysts on
development projects and coordinate with IT personnel and steering committee
- Utilize software development skills to design, code, and implement unit tests, integration tests, and
regression tests, etc.
- Participate in design and code reviews, following coding, documentation and design standards and
maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Adhere to all established procedures, policies and safety rules as outlined by the company
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary
- Perform all other assigned tasks and requirements as needed
- Work effectively as part of a projects team, foster team cooperation
- Stay current with rapidly changing technology and apply to business needs
- Advanced understanding of a wide breadth of software and database development technologies and ability to design, develop and debug in all tiers of complex applications
- Undertakes development of high impact and complex projects that are critical to the business
- Some tasks may be overseen/led by architects; however, developer leads many projects
- Certifications encouraged
- Proficient in writing fine-tuned SQL queries, stored procedures (eg. PL/SQL code) and working with data in relational databases like SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Must be able to work 40+ hours per week, overtime required, perform regular on-call duties
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a high production environment
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of applicable regulatory cyber security requirements, as well as system control requirements of SEC
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures
- Ability to recognize and resolve system related problems; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and ability to design, program and debug applications utilizing a breadth of software and
database technologies: .NET framework 3.5/4.0, C+, C++, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server 2008/2012,
HTML5/CSS, XML/XHTML, JSON, jQuery, Java, MS SharePoint, Python
- Operating and extension knowledge of MS Dynamic, trading systems (e.g., Allegro, Agris) is highly
- Experience in writing stored procedures and queries in SQL Server.
- Experience in 3-tiered applications and/or SOA design and development is highly desired.
- Solid business acumen and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical
Education, Certifications or Experience Required:
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- BS-Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certifications are a plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job includes but is not limited to: frequent sitting, standing, frequent computer use; frequent telephone use; some lifting or moving up to 40 lbs.
- Valid drivers license and able to travel.
- Ability to work after hours/weekends as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay; a generous benefit package; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; a retirement savings plan; flexible spending accounts; a business casual attire work environment. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted: September 26, 2019