DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one or more Programmer/Developers, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of ITSAC Programmer/Developer2 Category, Core Technology Type and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS).
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the DFPS. DFPS may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. DFPS will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
The DFPS Information Resource Management (IRM) program is seeking one or more Java developer workers to assist the DFPS IT organization with application development as part of their modernization efforts on various enterprise Java web applications. The Java Developers will be working on various teams that include a Project Manager, other developers, UX engineers, business analysts, and testers.
Work will include
- Leading the design and development activities for existing and new components.
- Defining and developing low-level design documents.
- Developing code.
- Reviewing code.
- Resolving defects.
- Developing automated unit test cases.
The workers must have a strong application development background with extensive experience in the following:
- Six or more years of experience with Enterprise level Java applications.
- Experience with Angular.
- Experience with Oracle SQL & PL/SQL components.
- Experience with Hibernate ORM.
- Experience with SOAP and Restful Web Services.
- Working knowledge of Test Automation (Selenium).
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (Jenkins or Equivalent).
- Experience in Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on, OAuth, JWT.
- Full stack development capabilities including Database, Services, Web Applications, and Front-end development.
- Technical background that includes progressive experience with various versions of programming languages and frameworks including the Spring framework.
The workers must be able to work within a matrix organization of work teams and complies with established standards, and design specifications, with ability to complete all software artifacts are accurately and timely.
- Candidates must be available for a face-to-face interview in order to be considered.
- Vendors are asked to fully vet their candidates for availability of a face-to-face interview during the interview period which will occur within two to three weeks after closing date of solicitation.
- Vendors are asked not to include their company logo in the candidate’s resume; any vendor branding information will be redacted from the resume prior to hiring managers screening the responses.
- DIR Form B should contain at least two supervisory and/or customer contacts for professional references.
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Expert in Java development using JEE platforms
Experience in Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
Experience in SOAP and Restful Web Services
Technical Documentation including Design Documents, Standards, and Configuration Plans
Expert in Spring Framework
Experience in Hibernate ORM
Working knowledge of Test Automation (Selenium)
Expert in Angular Framework
Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (Jenkins or Equivalent)
Working knowledge of Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on, OAuth, or JWT
Knowledge of development standards for accessibility compliance for websites
Experience as a participant in Agile software development teams
Working knowledge of Version Control using SVN or GIT
Experience in Static Coding Analysis using SonarQube or similar product
Experience in IBM WebSphere Server deployments
Experience in WebLogic Application Server deployments
Working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 / Sec 508
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178