DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one Developer, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of ITSAC Programmer/Developer 3 Category, Emerging Technology Type and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Enterprise.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the HHSC. HHSC may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. HHSC will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
As part of HHSC IT Applications – Social Services Applications initiatives, the worker will perform the following activities to accomplish the following goals:
- Performs application development, enhancement, maintenance, and support for State Portal, Workflow Management, Eligibility Web Services, Family Violence Program, Enterprise Document Services, Enterprise Content Management, Document Center, Call Center Inquiry, and other Social Services applications.
- Develop, enhance and maintain existing and new web-based J2EE/Portal applications within HHSC’s SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) platform using Agile methodologies.
- As a member of the team, participate in requirements analysis, high-level and detailed design, development, testing and deployment of new application components, as required.
- Work with other teams as necessary to accomplish goals.
- Create technical and design documentation, as required.
- Perform system analysis and problem resolution, as required.
- Analyze software for configuration & performance tuning opportunities, as required.
- Develop and maintain data and process models, as required.
- Employ contemporary testing methods to ensure applications function properly and without error.
- Provide technical support for testing and implementation efforts.
- Participate in program design, coding and test walk-through meetings to provide input regarding technical standards and customer requirements.
- Provide application support (defect repair, maintenance, and production operations support) for web-based Java applications in an SOA platform. Perform system analysis, troubleshooting, diagnosis and problem resolution. Analyze software for defects and performance tuning opportunities. Develop and test application code to resolve defects and improve application reliability and performance
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Special Requirements:
In submitting a resume for this solicitation, the vendor attests to their compliance with e-verify for the submitted candidate. E-verify requirements are outlined in Appendix A, Section P. Immigration, of the Standard Terms and Conditions for Information Technology Staff Augmentation Contract.
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Hands-on experience in developing, enhancing and maintaining enterprise-class applications on the J2EE application development platform
Hands-on experience participating in all phases of the SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle)
Hands-on programming experience in following languages and environments: Java, J2EE, HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, JQuery, Spring, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Portlets, Java Server Pages, JSF/Struts, Hibernate, JPA, JSON, XML, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, Oracle RDBMS, UNIX/Solaris, RAD/RSA and/or other similar tools and technologies.
Hands-on development experience implementing applications utilizing WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, JSP (Java Servlets), LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol), Java Portlets, EJB, JDBC (Java DataBase Connectivity), SQL (Structured Query Language), and JNDI (Java Naming and Directory Interface).
Strong understanding and knowledge of the WebSphere/J2EE architecture, EJB, Design Patterns/Frameworks, JPA/JDBC, OOD (Object-Oriented Design / Development) skills, and J2EE integration points with external or third party products.
Knowledge of best practices in the areas of application design, performance, scalability and maintainability.
Experience performing analysis and maintenance of customer critical Java/J2EE based applications in a high-visibility production environment.
Hands on experience developing/enhancing/maintaining enterprise applications using HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, AngularJS, and Spring in WebSphere Application Server environments.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, engineering, or management information systems is required.
Hands-on experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server 8 or later
Hands-on experience with Agile Development Methodologies (preferably Scrum)
Experience with test frameworks such a JUnit and similar testing tools and methodologies
Hands-on development experience with rich client technologies
Hands-on development experience for mobile and tablet platforms
Oral and written communication skills
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178