Capitol Insurance Company is a fast-growing personal auto insurance carrier based in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania.
We are currently looking for aprogrammer/developer with property and casualty insurancerating experience. This is an in-officeposition that will start off working remotely but will eventually be based out of our Blue Bell, Pennsylvania office.
Position: Programmer/Developer Property & Casualty Insurance Rating Specialist
Reports to: President/CEO
This position involves business analysis, development of specifications, programming, test plan development and implementation, reading and understanding insurance documents, and user support related to web-based property and casualty applications. The selected candidate will be responsible for spearheading projects consisting of adding or modifying functionality; changing rates and rating methodology; implementing new products and/or markets; and preparing standard and custom reports.
Responsibilities include developing requirements, specificationsand programming changes; working with third party vendors on systems integrations; designing testing schema, as well as coordinating and/or conducting testing.
The goal of the selected candidate is to quickly become acquainted with current applications to facilitate rapid, effective growth into new markets and lines of business as well as supporting growth and stability in existing markets. As such, strong knowledge of and experience in the property and casualty insurance business is a priority.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with non-technical contacts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must be team player, results-oriented, and attentive to details.
- Demonstrated project management abilities to coordinate and complete multiple complex and extensive projects concurrently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully complete projects working alone and as part of a team.
- General understanding of insurance terminology.
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Information Technology or related field is desirable.
- Extensive ability to use Microsoft’s professional office suite—Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to write basic Transact SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of CSS, XML, Jquery, AJAX, JSON, Web Services, and Bootstrap is a plus.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and VB.NET a plus.
- Web graphics design is a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and manipulation of PDF files is a plus.
- Experience in IT, actuarial or underwriting departments for an insurance company is a plus.
- Compensation benefits package that includes health, dental, life and vision
- Paid time off
- 401K with company match
- Opportunity for profit sharing program
- Opportunities for Advancement in a growing company
Capitol Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, status as a parent, veteran or disability status or other non-merit based factors.
401K with company match & opportunity for profit sharing