This position sets schedules and oversees work of the following departments: assembly, machine operators, machinists, tool and die makers and provides CAD support and CNC programming for all departments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to supply products and services that meet or exceed the customers' expectations. Follows the documented quality systems and processes that are continually being improved to satisfy our customers' needs.
- Sets priority of work flow based on work orders and due dates.
- Provide CAD support (2D & 3D) for all departments.
- Program CNC machines.
- Recommend, specify and purchase tooling for machining disciplines.
- Create engineering drawings to enable determination of materials requirements and task sequences.
- Assist in quoting with regards to programming, machining time estimates and tooling costs.
- Interact with tool shop and suppliers for technical assistance or tooling purchases.
- Work with various departments to locate processed materials, check quality, and obtain work instructions.
- May assist Plant Manager or other Supervisors in other duties or special projects as needed.
Critical Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates: Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. Technical documentation including ability to communicate technical information clearly in written form or verbally so that instructions can be followed with minimal chance for error.
- Production and Processing: Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Design: Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics: Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry and their applications.
- Mechanical: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Handling and Moving Objects: Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating materials.
- Safety and Security; Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety for the protection of people and property.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events: Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Performing General Physical Activities: Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings: Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment: Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Tools: Personal protective equipment (hard hats, safety glasses, safety shoes etc.), gauges, micrometers, calipers, measuring tape, indicators, scales, locators, etc.
- Technology: Copier, fax, computer, CAD programming/ design, CNC programming, Word, Excel, etc.
- This particular position requires the individual to have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), 3-4 years of specific vocational preparation; or equivalent combination of experience and education including CAD design and CNC programming.
- Technical certification in manufacturing technology.
- 2D and 3D CAD software: Mastercam, AutoCad, Solid Edge, Solid Works or equivalent.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Working Environment and Conditions
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and be able to communicate verbally and in writing and take direction. The employee is frequently required to be in a stationary position, move about the buildings and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, operate machinery, and use eye-hand coordination.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and the noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.