Improving the Lives of Families through
Child Care Services, Research, and Advocacy
Crystal Stairs is one of the largest private non-profit child development corporations in the State of California. We help families locate affordable and appropriate childcare through a variety of services, working with childcare providers, educators, advocates, and community members to positively impact the lives of more than 40,000 children each year.
Programs - Child Care Bridge Program Coordinator
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking a Child Care Bridge Program Coordinator (PC) who can be responsible for the planning and execution of strategies that will lead to the successful implementation of all the Child Car Bridge Program requirements. The Program Coordinator is responsible for achieving desired results in alignment with the Crystal Stairs strategic plan by providing effective leadership and direction for the Child Care Bridge Program. The Program Coordinator provides program oversight by working with Agency staff to ensure contract compliance with the County of Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles (Alliance) Child Care Bridge contract. The position will directly supervise Child Care Navigator staff to ensure high quality full services are available for Child Care Bridge clients. The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide program oversight, including review of all proposed contract changes, provide input to funders regarding the impact of proposed changes on customer service and workload; ensure contract is implemented as required by the Alliance and DCFS.
- Analyze key program indicators to ensure program viability specifically in relation to enrollment and payment of child care for children transitioning from short-term care into CDE, DPSS and/or Head Start funded programs
- Plan and implement strategies that are in line with contract requirements, agency goals, and will increase productivity.
- Serve as liaison for Agency presence and partner relations at DCFS Regional Offices where the State Bridge Program is implemented;
- Develop and maintain lines of communication and collaboration with external stakeholders (i.e., DCFS, Alliance, CDE, etc.)
- Comply with contractual requirements and agency policies and procedures as well as assist in data collection and/or analysis to evaluate and/or enhance program operations and client services.
- Oversee the timely submission of required reports and invoices. Ensure that necessary records, files, and other materials are maintained for efficient conduct of business and to fulfill audit requirements.
- Work as a liaison with other departments to facilitate inter-departmental communication and collaboration regarding related work and to ensure high quality; full services are available for Child Care Bridge clients.
- Develop training and written materials (i.e. department policies and protocols) which support the work of the Child Care Bridge Program.
- Represent Crystal Stairs at contract, partner and/or community meetings; participate in work groups, committees, trainings and ad hoc groups, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Masters Degree preferred. Bachelors Degree in related fields of early childhood education, human services, social work, or psychology with relevant work experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum three (3) years experience of relevant work experience working with children and families. Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience required. Experience managing government contracts preferred
- Knowledge of the child care subsidy contracts which are funded by the California Department of Education, the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services and the Department of Children and Family Services. Knowledge of California's public and private child care service delivery systems.
- Must be results-driven with the proven ability to set and meet unit goals and to acquire necessary resources to do so while exercising good independent judgment toward meeting agency and division objectives; Requires excellent leadership, communication and customer relations skills; Strong technical writing, computer, and presentation/public speaking skills; must have sensitivity to and ability to work well with diverse ethnic and cultural groups.
- Strong conceptual, analytic and judgment skills over tactical and strategic issues; Must be able to work well under pressure and multi-task priorities to meet tight deadlines; Ability to understand and communicate demographic, child care service and related data and research; Ability to work flexible days and times to meet department, contractor and partner deadlines as required.
Must possess a valid California driver's license, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance. Must provide verification of a valid TB clearance within the last year of employment; must successfully pass LiveScan fingerprint and Department of Justice (DOJ) background clearances. This position is required to commute approximately 50-60% of the time.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about Crystal Stairs, please visit our website at: www.crystalstairs.org