Programs - Child Care Navigator Specialist
What We're Looking For:
We are seeking a Child Care Navigator Specialist who is responsible for providing guidance and coordination of placement of children into emergency child care services in accordance with the Child Care Bridge Program for Crystal Stairs. The Specialist will assist in the development, coordination, and facilitation of consumer education activities for parents, and the community. All duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with pertinent contractual obligations and department standards. The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Process emergency child care referral requests and identify child care providers for placement of DCFS-supervised children between the ages of birth through five years old, and their siblings within required timeframes;
- Work with identified providers to ensure child care services are provided and supporting documentation is complete for payment;
- Continue to work with families to identify child care provider and alternative child care program placement as needed, with the goal of securing long-term care;
- Submit required bi-weekly placement status reports
- Maintain a co-location presence at DCFS Regional Offices where the State Bridge Program is implemented for outreach, education and placement of children;
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a team with colleagues and staff within the Agency, and external Agencies as required for effective program implementation;
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor Degree preferred; or Associate of Arts Degree in related fields of early childhood education, human services, social work, psychology with relevant work experience (relevant work experience may be substituted for education);
- Minimum of three years relevant experience working with children and families, including working with children ages birth to five years;
- Knowledge of the California child development programs; the child care delivery system; and Community Care Licensing;
- Ability to understand needs of child and caregiver to provide adequate placement into child care services;
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with diverse client populations.
- Previous experience that demonstrates effective problem-solving and decision-making skills and ability to work autonomously with multiple sites.
- Effective time management and organizational skills and the ability to successfully meet position requirements.
- Strong effective written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be able to develop outreach materials and demonstrate high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Must show proof of a valid California Driver's License, have use of a motor vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance
- Must provide verification of a valid TB clearance within the last two years of employment
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification
- Must successfully pass the Department of Justice (DOJ) criminal background check prior to first day of employment.
- This position is required to commute approximately 40-50% of the time.
Crystal Stairs is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, Crystal Stairs provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about Crystal Stairs, please visit our website at: www.crystalstairs.org