M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initial and continued training by a Divisional Financial Manager
- Excel courses to the advanced level
- CPA and/or CFCM certification
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with customer or customer’s representative on regular basis. Manage the finances, accounting, contract compliance, for a large multi-year construction projects. Responsibilities include the following:
- Produce monthly billing for each active contract for assigned jobs, ensuring compliance with the contract. Resolve billing concerns with GC/Owner and to ensure timely payment of invoices. Post invoices in customers’ invoicing systems and M. C. Dean accounting system.
- Book month-end financial adjustments for all assigned jobs. Assist with creation of divisional month-end reporting. Work closely with Project Management team to ensure desired results.
- Work closely with Project Management team to ensure proper allocation of costs between multiple contracts at the same job location. Review cost ledges on weekly/monthly basis and enter adjustments into accounting system, as needed.
- Assist with cost, pricing, and reviews of change orders to verify accuracy and adherence to federal cost accounting standards
- Assist in managing third-party labor subcontracts. Ensure third party labor employees are completing M. C. Dean timesheets on a weekly basis and invoices are approved by M. C. Dean and vendor promptly.
- Meet monthly with Project Manager and Field Management staff to validate estimated project costs to complete for active jobs.
- Provide 12 months and 24-month revenue and gross profit projections on a monthly basis. Review with Program Manager.
- Assist Project Manager in preparation for effective monthly Key Project Reviews, Gate Checks in producing required monthly reports: cost forecast, manpower, cash flow, change order log, risk matrix, and procurement log.
- Monitor contract compliance and customer reporting.
Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 7-10 year of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Be able to work collaboratively and interact effectively with team members.
- Be a self-starter; problem solver and be able to work independently.
- Should possess effective communication skills.
- US Citizen; ability to obtain/maintain US DOD Security Clearance.
- Position location: Washington, DC and Tysons Corner.