CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
Amicon Management has an excellent opportunity for a self-directed, motivated, Construction Project Accountant to join our rapidly growing owner representation firm as the primary project accountant for projects ranging from luxury residential to commercial development.
At Amicon Management we are passionate about providing high level client representation and project management services which reduce inefficiencies that lead to cost overruns and delays. We believe in streamlining and simplifying the construction project management process to save our clients time, money and aggravation. We are proud of the work we do – work that alters streetscapes, shapes neighborhoods and builds communities. We know that our employees are key to our success and we offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. Team building activities such as happy hours, picnics, fitness events and continuing education opportunities are just some of the ways we stay connected to our company culture. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to grow your career and contribute your ideas to our industry changing service model.
The successful candidate for this role will be a well-organized, proactive problem solver capable of following through with assignments within established deadlines. The Construction Project Accountant will work together with the Project Management Team to ensure the proper administration of all project-related accounting functions.
· Manage the day-to-day project budget and cost-tracking.
· Work with Project Managers and Principals-in-Charge, third-party vendors, suppliers and financial institutions to manage commitments and payments on multiple project budgets.
· Perform meticulous daily, monthly and quarterly reconciliations and reporting across cost ledgers and prepare monthly budget cost tracking reports for presentation to clients.
· Process and distribute contracts and purchase orders.
· Process and monitor certificates of insurance, Notices to Owner and Notices to Contractor and maintain logs.
· Process and obtain lien releases from subcontractors and vendors and maintain logs.
· Maintain all project filing folders up to date, in accordance with standard procedures.
· Process Purchase Orders and ensure accurate payment of the subcontractors, suppliers and vendors invoices. Process and release all project related payments.
· Research and respond to accounting inquiries from subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and/or Project Managers.
· Other project accounting related duties as needed.
· Willing to perform other duties as assigned by project management team.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or some college courses preferred, but not required
· 2+ years of accounting and/or office management experience preferred
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Strong interpersonal skill, team-oriented and comfortable communicating with team members, clients and third parties.
· Able to work independently, multi-task and properly identify priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Committed to learning and development.
· Able to commute to and from the office to various job sites, if needed.
Send resumes to Lauren Amron via the link below
Office located in Little River district