This position is responsible for all Timekeeping and Project Billing in accordance with the established accounting standards and billing policy.
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision Insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, paid time off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Perform labor time entry for weekly payroll process.
- Ensure accuracy between client system (CCM) and Company system (CMiC)
- Perform all allocations, overrides, and rejections in client system
- Thorough understanding of calculating ST, OT, and DT based on employee classification, contract, union rules, and labor laws.
- Set up new projects, make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses in company system.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables as directed.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
- Billing experience preferred.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Manager, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college courses in accounting preferred or 5+ year’s experience in Timekeeping, Billing, or Procurement.
- CCM or CMiC experience preferred