NM-0013 Project Accountant
Brycon Corporation has been the leading provider of commercial construction services in Southwest since 1990. Quality craftsmanship, customer satisfaction, workplace safety and commitment to deadlines is a formula for success that we guarantee. We are currently looking for aProject Accountant to join our team.
Summary:The primary responsibility of the Project Accountant is responsible for providing all accounting functions and project administration for assigned projects. Specific project accountant responsibilities include project set up, project billing, job cost reports, attending and participating in monthly meetings, client relations, change orders, etc. This position works closely with Chief Financial Officer, Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare ongoing analytical review of project data in support of the monthly revenue recognition process.
- Maintain contract documents for projects including owner contracts, change orders, budgets, pay applications, etc.
- File AR documents using Timberscan AIM (E File).
- Perform budget and profit variance analysis.
- Interface with Project Managers to manage, track, update and report project budgets and forecasts.
- Record billings and monitor accounts receivable schedule.
- Prepare and update Work in Process, Job Cost Worksheet, and Profit Center reports monthly.
- Prepare and update MS Excel graphs for revenue, cashflow, and other financials for review and management meetings.
- Maintain Sage Timberline Job Cost for set up jobs, closing jobs, contract updates, budgets, etc.
- Analyze commitments and outstanding AP items on completed jobs for closing or archiving.
- B.A. or equivalent preferred
- Fluency in Excel and Word mandatory
- Strong attention to detail
- Can-do attitude
- Extremely organized and skilled at multi-tasking
- Accounting experience one to three years
- Sage Timberline or Similar Accounting Software Experience would be a huge plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Headquarters office located in Rio Rancho, NM
- Some travel may be involved