Project Administrator, San Leandro, CA�
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?�
- Process contract, purchase order, and change orders.
- Manage project documentation, materials status monitoring, billing, and invoicing.
- Update RFI and submittal logs.
- Develop, edit, copy and assemble Project Group work products, which include (but are not limited to: proposals, submittals, maintenance manuals.
- Prepare submittals and closeout documents with the assistance of the purchasing, start-up and engineering departments.
- Order drawings and specifications for bids
- Create and assemble the necessary job files.
- Assist the project team with new job site set-up.
- Maintain and enhance ongoing relationships with customers and other contractors.
- Download and print plans and specifications.
- General secretarial duties such as typing and photocopying general correspondence including letters, proposals, presentations, reports, agreements, contracts, and memos from notes or dictation.
- Manage the field team, safety training, onboarding process (e.g., request technology access, and standard supplies) for new hires.
- Schedule meetings, including rooms and caterers (where applicable)
- Other project administrative duties as assigned.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?�
- 3+ plus years of previous experience in a similar role within the construction (general or specialty) industry and demonstration of general knowledge of construction processes.
- High school diploma, GED, and/or vocational trade school certificate
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate with a variety of personality types.
- Good organizational and time management skills to handle multiple issues.
- Attention to detail and completing work to a deadline.
- Understand the necessity of maximizing the productivity of construction and the technical workforce.
- Good communication skills.
- Good computer skills, with proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word required.
- Effective Communication
- Customer Service
Physical Requirements (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling photocopier/printers).
This individual must be a responsible person and regular attendance is required.� This is a non-exempt position Monday through Friday beginning between 7:00 am and 8:00 am and ending between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm, with one hour for lunch.� Eight hours per day is required and other occasional overtime may be necessary.
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - �including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs � Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.