About UsHope Network is one of Michigan’s largest non-profit organizations. We have a rich history of providing support to individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries, mental illness, and developmental disabilities. We strive to help individuals achieve a greater level of independence through Specialty Health and Community Services. Hope Network provides services geared towards the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of the individuals that we serve. In Christian service, Hope Network empowers people to overcome challenges to achieve their highest level of independence.
The Project Analyst is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: providing support and financial modeling to the Executive Director and Development Managers involved in the real estate development process. The Project Analyst will be responsible for financial modeling for all new and existing real estate projects. The Project Analyst will provide support in the identificiation of appropriate new projects and growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1) Service Delivery• The Project Analyst will support the Executive Director and the Development Managers in project analysis and identifying capital stack components for each unique project.• The Project Analyst promotes customer service to internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to: funders, investors, landlords, vendors, employees, and government officials. • The Project Analyst will assist in the successful support of the Strategic Plan, team building, diversity goals and objectives, and assigned service line financial success. • The Project Analyst is responsible to stay informed and up to date on financial funding capital stack components relative to highly competitive and complicated financial models.
2) Documentation• The Project Analyst is responsible to report financial concerns to the Executive Director, providing drill down reporting and analysis, including suggestions for improvement.• The Project Analyst is responsible to manage project documentation relative to each unique project as well as best practice and timeline documentation.• The Project Analyst will assist in project formulation with the Executive Director and the Development Managers.
3) Fiscal• The Project Analyst will promote efficiencies and effectiveness through lean processes in supporting One Hope systems and methodologies.• The Project Analyst will work alongside the Development Managers to ensure maximum efficiencies and resilient financing models for projects.• The Project Analyst is responsible for the timely completion of a financial analysis (pro-forma) for current performance, new programs, grants, and real estate acquisitions. This includes but is not limited to trending, revenue activity, staff productivity, payroll hours, operation spending, capital spending, resident fund compliance, unit costing, and daily cash flow monitoring. o Analysis of housing investment opportunities: Conducting detailed financial analysis to evaluate development and operating costs, ensure financial feasibility, and secure needed investment. o Evaluate opportunities for acquisition and site control to determine their ability to complete for low-income housing tax credits and other sources for essential development equity.o Forecast development costs of proposed projects.o Build trended operating cost models to evaluate the ability of the project to provide long-term quality housing, maintain adequate reserves and support permanent debto Work with state and local housing authorities to identify opportunities to secure rental assistance subsidies aligned with Hope’s target tenant populations.o Evaluate forecasted return on Hope equity investments needed to develop proposed housing projects.o Conduct due diligence investigation on all proposed housing projects to mitigate risk by Hope and other investors, including market analysis, environmental investigation, title research, etc.o Develop and submit applications for funding that will maximize Hope’s competitiveness for scarce affordable housing equity sources, including the 9% low-income housing tax credit.o Support acquisition and development of additional assets as approved by the Executive Director and Hope Network Housing Board.o Establish energy efficiency goals and practices.
4) Staff training and development• The Project Analyst will complete any training needed to improve the quality of the department or agency.• The Project Analyst is responsible for the financial training and communications as it relates to the development of financial models and capital stack design. They will initiate monthly business meeting to include key management and the Executive Director in reviewing financial and service performance using metrics, dashboards, and performance data.• The Project Analyst will attend and participate in leadership meetings as well as any other staff meetings as needed and required, and is expected to promote leadership through coaching and mentoring managers.
5) Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position. 6) Other duties, as required or assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree is required in a related field. 2. MBA, CPA, or CMA (certified Management Accountant) preferred.3. Ability to work as a team player within a cross functional environment.4. Ability to process and review financial information as it relates to budgets.5. Ability to problem solve and offer solutions to enhance funding/revenues. 6. Strong analytical and organization skills coupled with a solid finance background.7. High degree of proficiency with MS Office programs and other computer programs.8. Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in financial reporting and analysis.2. Minimum of five to ten (5 - 10) years demonstrated business experience required.3. Previous Affordable Housing funding experience, HUD and MSHDA funding experience preferred but not required.4. Previous Commercial Real Estate experience preferred but not required.5. Experience preparing and reviewing budgets, monitoring and reporting actual against budget and experience partnering with program directors to help them achieve their budgetary goals.6. Experience developing budgetary leadership within a team.7. Experience with cash flow/capital budget planning.