This position is responsible for providing project analysis and project administration to the Project Management Office. This position is also responsible for select business analysis, RAID tracking, status reporting, knowledge management and testing coordination.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Simultaneously support several projects with varied deliverables, team members, and audiences.
2. Ability to work collaboratively within the department, with business owners, and others outside of the Credit Union.
3. Schedule, participate and prepare materials for meetings as well as create meeting documentation and action item tracking entries.
4. Maintain project plans, project schedules and estimates, resource plans and other documentation necessary for successful project completion following PMO process.
5. Collaborate in planning development and deployment of business applications and enhancements.
6. Ability to walk through testing process materials and tools with project team members.
7. Assist project teams with the timely identification, management and resolution of risks, action items, issues and decisions.
8. Prepare functional and technical requirements documentation by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
9. Assist in test planning, script documentation and scheduling of unit, integration, functional and user acceptance testing as well as the tracking of issues and resolutions.
10. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
11. Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze, and communicate complex information.
12. Possess the ability to work independently with minimal direction and exhibit initiative.
13. Support Request for Proposal (RFP) activities including identifying business needs and product/service expectations, and assisting in analyzing and comparing vendor responses.
14. Maintain training and development requirements, training and documentation.
15. Assist in knowledge management and project artifact archival.
16. Understand key state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with members, credit union staff and management, negotiate vendor agreements and manage project teams.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as personal computer, multi-purpose copier and telephone.
3. Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines; may be required to work extended hours to complete tasks.
4. Capable of carrying and responding to smartphone 24/7.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management, including Senior Management
2. EXTERNAL: Members, vendors, suppliers, government agencies, credit union industry associations and peers at other financial institutions.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Management Information Systems or related area is preferred.
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum two years combined experience in project analysis and coordination required, preferably in a financial institution.
1. Working knowledge of project management methods, tools and standards.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially MS Project, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, MS Word, MS Visio and MS PowerPoint. Knowledge of testing software is desirable.
3. Customer-focused attitude and ability to work proactively and efficiently.
4. Research, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
5. Ability to use logical reasoning when making objective observations, examinations, evaluations and recommendations.
6. Knowledge of software development life cycles a plus.
7. Knowledge of business analytical practices and methodologies and process improvement methodologies, e.g. Lean or Six Sigma a plus.
8. Familiarity with financial services business and information technology processes a plus.
9. Supportive of all decisions, choices, goals and objectives as determined by PMO leadership and Executive leadership.
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Ability to lift 20 lbs. as may be required
5. May require long work hours to accomplish tasks.
6. Occasional travel may be required locally, statewide, and throughout the United States to attend seminars and vendor group meetings. Overnight travel and evening schedules included.
7. Prolonged use of telephone to accomplish tasks.
1. CAPM® Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled