The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
The Stantec downtown Los Angeles office leads the transit market in transportation related facility planning and design. We focus on providing transformational design solutions that exceed our clients' aspirations through interdisciplinary collaboration. We are passionate about creating sustainable, meaningful projects that create tremendous value for the clients, users, and the public. Our awards are a testament to our commitment to great design, the human experience, and the environment we live in.
We are looking for a Project Architect who shares our interest in projects with an emphasis on transit, infrastructure, and civic architecture. Our LA office specializes in work throughout the US and Canada, designing and delivering multimodal transit centers, Operations & Maintenance facilities, light rail stations, bike and pedestrian pathways. We provide a unique opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary office, connecting our architects and engineers from all over the World.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve as a leader on various project phases including: conceptual design, programming, space planning, SD, DD, and CDs.
- Use Revit/CAD/BIM software for producing drawings and details.
- Redline hardcopy or digital drawings.
- Review specifications.
- Perform in all aspects of the CA phase.
- Understand QA processes and how to make needed corrections and/or revisions.
- Keep up-to-date with technological developments such as new codes, new design concepts, computer applications, drafting methods, etc.
- Serve as point of contact to clients and internal team members.
- Coordinate and maintain a professional relationship with clients, contractors, inspectors, agencies, and consultants.
- Develop and manage schedule, budget and scope of services on projects.
- Lead client and consultant meetings.
- Contact product vendors and manufacturers.
- Manage from a project work plan.
- Direct and mentor other team members.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding of building engineering system concepts.
- Experience utilizing design/build project delivery and LEAN design practices preferred.
- Knowledgeable with codes, agency and standards research.
- Has knowledge and understanding of firm, federal, agency and other required standards and requirements, and can teach others.
- Capable of quickly coming up with design alternatives and solutions.
- Skilled at design and technical concepts.
- Revit and MS Office experience required.
- Bluebeam software experience is a plus.
Education and Experience
Minimum 10 years of experience. Graduate of an accredited architectural school with professional experience in an architecture office. Must be licensed. LEED AP or LEED project experience preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900027H