The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Our Architecture & Interior Design group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible and award-winning buildings and interiors. We're passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, project managers, interior designers, planners and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, and planning for a wide variety of sectors.
A Healthcare Project Architect is a licensed professional with responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of the public. They are expected to have a broad set of experience and knowledge, with a strong background in Healthcare projects. They would be expected to promote design excellence, possess technical skills to support project work and employ strong communication to lead a multi-disciplinary team. Supporting the office leadership and account management team, they will often serve as the primary contact for a client, communicating progress and status as they lead the design team through the documentation of project work from initial conception to construction administration. This shall be done in a manner consistent with firm-wide standards for project delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participate and collaborate on project activities from concept design through construction administration.
- Manage complex tasks on medium to large size projects.
- Plan, organize, and direct the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Lead project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Collaborate with Project Manager on project work plan, schedules, and development of the contract deliverables.
- Collaborate with Principals group on business development strategy and support client management activities.
- Supervise, mentor, and coach junior staff, both as direct reports and on project teams.
- Check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage the efforts of team members in support of broader project goals.
- Support client relationships through project work and meetings.
- Assist in the confirmation of scope, schedule, goals and priorities, budget and staffing.
- Communicate and monitor an efficient project work plan.
- Utilizing BIM technology to advance the design and documentation in various architectural phases.
- Assist in the preparation of specifications in coordination with building plans.
- Lead project coordination with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractors.
- Evaluate and promote the incorporation of sustainable design principles.
- Interpret and apply building codes, energy codes and requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Participate and support Quality Assurance and Control practices.
- Participate in marketing activities for the office/company.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- To participate and collaborate in a project team setting.
- To give and receive criticism as well as respond appropriately and professionally.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Advanced understanding of Revit and an ability to harness BIM as a tool for design and coordination.
- Detailed knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Strong working knowledge of the codes and standards that regulate the design of the healthcare environment, including but not limited to the International Building Code, NFPA, and FGI Guidelines.
- Good communication skills (verbal/written) and the ability to engage clients.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products is required; experience with Newforma, Bluebeam, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field & Registered Architect. Minimum of 10 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred. Experience in healthcare projects is strongly preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002X3