Responsible for technical development, coordination, design development and construction document phases of a medium to large size projects. Resolves technical, code and agency approval issues. Has consultants contact and authority to direct, control, and monitor project activities related to project technical documents.
Education: A degree from an accredited college in architecture
Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years experience and demonstrated technical proficiency in production and coordination of documents in all phases of architectural practice
Communication and Collaboration
• Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
• Asks questions about assignments when unclear.
• Has working knowledge and understanding for use of HMC equipment and software.
• Coordinate with team members and consultants for conflicts and discrepancies.
• Ability to apprise supervisor and client for status of work.
• Establish productive working relationships and deal effectively and cooperatively with, team members, consultants, and government agencies.
• Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
• Collaborate with appropriate staff to meet goals and objectives of project.
• Coach, mentor, and provide performance-enhancing feedback of assigned team members.
• Answer technical questions on assigned projects.
Supervision and Delegation
• Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants and vendors.
• Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
• Support supervisor in directing and managing assigned staff.
• Monitor technical aspects of projects and project team makeup in assigned studio.
• Supervise and manage up to four team members for all phases of projects.
• Source for monitoring employee performance on a daily basis and taking the appropriate action to report both positive and negative performance.
• Assist and/or prepare evaluations and meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluation.
• Ability to manage one to two employees.
• Be proficient with HMC’s documentation and office practice systems.
• Ability to correspond effectively with agencies and consultants.
• Ensure that the documents meet the HMC and client standards and protocols.
• Write meeting minutes, instruction bulletins, change orders, RFI responses and professional correspondence.
• Assist in review of agreements with clients and consultants.
• Write RFP’S and negotiate contracts with consultants.
• Always be professional and respectful in interactions with clients and consultants.
• May have primary role in marketing interviews and writing marketing proposals.
• Assist in resolving technical issues with client.
• Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
• Set goals, prioritize and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
• Estimate hours for assigned tasks and finish tasks within agreed upon budget hours for the task.
• Meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluations.
• Assist Project Manager in preparation and implementation of work plans, schedules, budgets, staffing projections and fees for large projects, and coordinate billing.
• Manage project technical documentation process in conjunction with Project Manager.
• Collaborate with design and production staff, construction administrator, and consultants.
• Understand contractual liabilities as they relate to projects including fee calculations,
• Prepare plans of action with their supervisor for resolving project related problems.
• Ensure that project conforms to contractual agreement with client, meeting all set budgets, goals, and work assignments for their project team that clearly defines project expectations.
• Have complete knowledge and follows HMC procedures, standards, and protocols.
• Participate in office design charettes.
• Support design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
• Integrate design principles with project design team and maintain design integrity through all phases.
• Promote design quality and design collaboration.
• Collaborate with project design team for programming, planning and feasibility analysis
• Review documents to ensure quality, coordination and compliance with the requirements of deliverables in all phases.
• Assist in coordination with government agencies, utility companies and resolve plan check and approval issues with the agencies.
• Ensure that HMC and client standards and protocol are followed.
• Assist in guiding project team and consultants for appropriate materials and systems.
• Review documents for code compliance in all phases and issue code interpretations.
• Assist in reviewing cost estimates and conduct value analysis.
• Review and approve changes in collaboration with the project design team and client.
• Assist in supervision and resolution of issues in preparation of construction documents