- Provides day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (i.e. summary reports, press releases, credentials, and proposals), media monitoring, and conducting and analyzing research on a variety of client related issues
- Assists on digital and social media projects, including creative project management, social media research, reporting, and content creation.
- Contributes to and prepares the basic reports required in the specific functional capacity (e.g., perception audits, market studies, provincial reports, social media reports, summary reports, etc.)
- Drafts initial proposals for client work and new business initiatives
- Attends and actively participates in internal and client meetings, including brainstorming sessions
- Develops understanding of client issues through research and monitoring of relevant issues
- Actively supports new business process by preparing pitches and proposals, conducting research, compiling bios and preparing presentation decks
- 1 year at a prior public relations agency or in-house (including internships). Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Prior internship or work experience in an agency, public affairs, political campaigns, social media, public relations or Capitol Hill preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business management, communication, journalism, public relations or related field
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Digital/social media fluency
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task project requests
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently; positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service
Founded in 1984 and recognized by the Holmes Report as the "Agency of the Decade" and "Best Large Agency to Work For," APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving, interconnected and complex world, enabling them to reach their business and societal goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that is not limited by any particular service or discipline but embraces a variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. APCO is a majority employee- and women-owned business.