UniversalPegasus International is seeking a Project Billing Specialist in Houston, TX. Under supervision of the Financial Reporting Manager, the Project Billing Specialist will manage assigned customer accounts, prepare client invoices and support collection efforts in coordination with Operations. This position calls for a strong understanding of customers’ contracts, along with the ability to reconcile and explain unbilled receivables, and perform various analyses to support continuous improvement.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handle customers, project management, invoice and collection inquires and resolve problems with Operations support as needed.
- Ensure billing is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Thorough knowledge of customer contracts.
- Create ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Assist in troubleshooting data flow issues (i.e., understand end to end processes).
- Keep Manager informed of any account issues, escalate as needed.
- Ensure billing systems and procedures are understood and make recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in customer credit memos issuance providing appropriate backup and support.
- Demonstrate initiative in contributing towards continual internal process and procedure improvement.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers while holding to company policy and procedures.
- Support and assist on all company audits as required.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- College degree preferred.
- 2-4 years prior billing experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- JDE or MS Dynamics 365 experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and exercise good judgement required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and vision, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, 401k, PTO, and educational assistance.
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide. For additional information about UniversalPegasus International please visit our web site at www.universalpegasus.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Veterans and disabled are welcome.
***Unsolicited Third Party Resumes Not Accepted***