Seeking a detail-oriented and self-reliant Buyer to support our Capital Projects team the project under construction in MS.The Buyer will report to the Director of Procurement and will successfully administer the purchasing function for a major industrial construction project for new wood pellet biomass fuel facility.
- Support the cost-effective procurement of minor equipment, services and supplies for the project.
- Executes procurement activities for the projects.
- Conduct competitive bid and contracting process for site equipment and service contracts.
- Participates in or directly negotiates purchase orders and contracts and ensures compliance with contracts for products and/or services; collaborates with Procurement, Project Manager and Corporate counsel on unique conditions and/or situations.
- Administer the vendor qualification process and financial credit reviews.
- Administers the approval process for purchasing documents, ensures proper approvals and archives approvals.
- Implements and follows auditable procedures consistent with accounting protocols and reconcile on a monthly basis with Project Manager and Project Controls.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to insure decisions are cohesive with the project.
Negotiates extended mechanical warranties, liquidated damages, payment terms, and two-year performance warranties.
- Enters and issues purchase orders and change orders in the purchasing/accounting system.
- Proactively expedites deliveries of goods to meet the project completion schedule.
- Organizes and retains electronic and hard copies of all documents in proper locations.
- Develop and submit monthly and weekly purchasing reports to project management and project controls.
- Close out contracts and purchase orders as the work is completed and materials delivered and at the completion of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of five years of experience.
- Documented and proven experience administering procurement process and documentation for a large purchasing effort ($ value and pieces of equipment) for major industrial construction projects, preferably wood/paper or energy sector.
- Knowledge of supply chain and materials management principles, specific to engineering and construction project is required.
- Knowledge of standard accounting processes and procedures with a willingness to integrate and develop new company procedures.
- Knowledge of products and equipment, inventory sources, and alternate sources of supply, purchasing, contract negotiation administration and large collection of industry contacts and purchasing industry network is strongly preferred;.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Excel and accounting software experience are required. Experience with Timberline is preferred.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, organizational and team-building skills and comfort working in a matrix organization.