What You Will Do
Clients around the world call on our technical, environmental, regulatory, public safety, and cultural expertise to meet their water resources challenges with cost-effective, reliable solutions. We partner with our clients to deliver innovative and sustainable dam and levee solutions, from concept to completion and commissioning. Whether you need a new design, rehabilitation, inspection, risk assessment, or permitting assistance, we provide resilient water management systems to reduce risk, sustain water supplies and protective works, and safeguard communities. Our designs serve clients’ needs for water supply, flood damage reduction, navigation, and recreation.
We are currently looking for Senior Project Civil Engineers to support critical infrastructure design and construction across the California foothills and mountains. Our projects include levees, canals, flumes, dams and everything else to help solve California’s critical water supply issues. This is an opportunity to work directly with civil, geotechnical, and structural designers to implement creative civil design solutions.
As a Senior Project Civil Engineer, you will perform engineering calculations, technical studies, and prepare plans and specifications for a wide variety of projects, including new dams, dams and spillway rehabilitation, levees, outlet facilities (gates, valves, and piping), culverts and outfalls, open channels, canals and other water conveyance hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, and dam inspections. Occasional field work, which may comprise multi-day or multi-week assignments, is expected.
- Participates in the development of project design concepts and criteria and reviews project documents for conformity and quality assurance
- Performs engineering calculations such as site grading, structural stability, material strength, open channel flow hydraulics, seismic hazard analysis, etc.
- Works with client and other disciplines to prepare appropriate designs, as dictated by the scope of work
- Makes recommendations on project staffing
- Analyzes complex design problems requiring the development of new or improved techniques or procedures
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructibility
- Provides input for proposals and pursuit of new projects
- Provides direction to, and may supervise, junior level staff
- Communicates independently with clients
- Manages design team integrated with multiple disciplines of about 5-10 people
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
- M.S. Degree in Civil Engineering preferred
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) License required
- 8-10 or more years of direct work experience in civil engineering
Specialized experience in advanced software applications preferred (seismic, hydrologic, hydraulic stability analysis, financial, etc.)
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expertise with CADD And GIS design software
Expertise with standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with project proposals and presentations preferred
- Some experience with management of small work groups and project tasks
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Roseville, CA; Oakland, CA
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: 2020-6950