The Project and Continuous Improvement Coordinator supports project management and continuous improvement activities/initiatives throughout the business unit including operational, commercial, service, and sourcing excellence. Will serve as a dynamic change agent by aggressively leading business improvement projects. Provide sustained improvement to critical manufacturing, transactional, and business processes to help achieve individual and strategic goals and impact financial results.
- Assists in leading overall company project scopes, goals, and deliverables including successful implementation of the strategic plan in collaboration with any related departments or sites within the business unit.
- Assists agile team projects and use agile development methodologies to deliver iteratively throughout projects.
- Lead/coordinate multi-site EMLS (i.e., kaizen/continuous improvement, value stream mapping, lean, six sigma variation reduction, etc.) events/activities including;
- Planning of events and providing resources
- Evaluating candidates for team recruitment
- Training and leading teams,
- Achieving event objectives
- Documenting performance
- Drive EMLS/Continuous improvement strategic planning, goal setting, and execution within the structure of each department or work cell, to influence positive change in support of a Dual Bottom Line business culture.
- Work with Core Teams and EMLS Leaders to identify opportunities for improvement related to various aspects of the business including: Operational / Commercial Excellence, Waste and Variation Opportunities, Transactional / Business Processes and Supply Chain.
- Establish appropriate metrics and controls to facilitate easy maintenance and sustainment of improvements. Monitor implementation metrics, including key performance indicators and efficiency metrics.
- Adhere to all company and OSHA standards
- Maintain a safe and clean work space.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Optimizes work processes - knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Action Oriented- takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Drives Engagement- Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieving its objectives.
- Interpersonal savvy- relates openly and comfortable with diverse groups of people
- Nimble Learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Tech Savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business building digital and technology applications.
- Persuades - uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma variation reduction assignment; Kaizen/continuous improvement experience a plus.
- Lean Leader, Green Belt, Black Belt and/or Master Black Belt certification(s) preferred.
- PMP or other Project Management certification preferred
Light to Medium Work: Spending extended periods in a stationary position, both sitting and standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States