*This position is contingent on contract award*
We are searching for an experienced Project Control Specialist to provide financial support through the lifecycle of classified government programs. The individual will assist our Project Managment & Finance teams with project financial management and analysis.
What your day to day will look like:
- Coordinate completion of project setup forms with the Project Manager to ensure the project is set up by the terms of the contract and Sallyport Approval Authority.
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding the contract with regards to project type, the scope of work and invoicing terms.
- Verify the subcontract budget is created by the terms as stipulated in the contract.
- Work with Project Managers and Billing to ensure that invoices are submitted promptly.
- Responsible for proactively monitoring and addressing Costpoint project maintenance and budget /funding updates as necessary.
- A working understanding of the financial components of a project to understand how to monitor weekly and monthly project performance effectively and provide detailed inputs regarding the financial status of projects. Alert Business Lead of projects in need of corrective action plans.
- Participate in project performance reviews.
- Assist with requests for financial information for proposals and price estimating throughout the projects life cycle.
- Under the guidance of the Business Management Lead help support the PM with auditing requests (external and client).
- Assist the Business Management Lead with budget preparations.
- Assist Project Managers with other project related duties.
- Comply with contract instructions and corporate policies and procedures.
What you need to qualify:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 6-9 years' experience
- Active Secret or higher security clearance
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFARS) and general contract administration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel experience Deltek, Cost Point, and COGNOS
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team on complex contract requirements
- Experience with the budget processes (g., budget cycles, terminology, billing, AR/AP)
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of something special; we work in an industry that can make an impact in our world
- Fantastic work location, we are located at the Reston Town Center in Reston, VA
- Excellent culture, we support each others growth and success
- Opportunities for long-term career growth and advancement