By Light is seeking a Project Control Specialist to join our team supporting a DOD business unit. The PCS will perform project monitoring and data control, conduct project audits, manage project financials, and serve as the liaison between project management and finance.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
- Support project accounting and cost reporting requirements of multiple mid-sized projects including but not limited to tasks such as forecasting, project performance tracking, forecasting and variance analyses.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the programs indirect budget tracking spreadsheet; compare actuals with indirect costs forecast and review monthly with the Program Manager; analyze and present financial reports, revenue variance, unbilled analysis, and accruals for determination of progress; track project costs; monitor performance against baseline; create purchase requisitions for subcontractor labor and other direct cost funding; and submit monthly financial charts/reports for government tracking.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding contract modifications, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Supervisor.
Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Accounting Manager as to your observations and actions taken.
Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- 1-2 years project forecasting experience with project controls.
- Highly proficient using Microsoft Excel for large data analysis to include pivot tables, sumif, macro, what if scenario, conditional formatting functions, etc. (Excel test will be administered to check strength and capabilities)
- Must have experience managing the following contract types: CPFF, FFP, T&M.
- Good understanding of estimating principles and methods; ability to think analytically and critically.
- Ability to develop estimates for project/program oversight.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired.
- Experience working with DOD is highly desired.
- Must have a minimum DOD Secret clearance
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities