Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry farmers in the United States, Canada and Chile, who have helped preserve the family farming way of life for generations. The cooperative’s cranberries are currently featured in more than a thousand great-tasting, good-for-you products in over 100 countries worldwide. With more than 2,000 employees and nearly 20 receiving and processing facilities, Ocean Spray is committed to managing our business in a way that respects our communities, colleagues and the environment.
Ocean Spray believes that our colleagues are our best assets and we offer an environment where you can work with exceptionally smart, innovative and passionate teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can Grow, Own, Live and Drive your career every day, Ocean Spray is for you!
Ocean Spray is looking for a Project Controls and Automation Engineer to provide dynamic engineering support for capital projects, from concept through commissioning and support of other initiatives and plant operations. This individual will work with functional business and operations partners to scope, design, budget and install infrastructure and equipment to support manufacturing, while also identifying and implementing process improvements for existing lines.
The position is a flexible role and can either be located at Ocean Spray HQ In Lakeville, MA or within 75 miles of an Ocean Spray Manufacturing Facility.
A Day in the Life of a Project Controls and Automation Engineer:
- Organize, plan, develop, coordinate and direct engineering projects proactively from concept to successful commercialization. Effectively manage technical timelines and multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Consults and supports plant level controls resources in resolving automation issues; provides subject matter expertise on manufacturing, industrial automation/control systems and equipment reliability challenges.
- Identify, size, install and commission equipment to deliver against project specifications.
- Design manufacturing processes which are reproducible and robust enough to ensure products consistently meet consumer expectations, quality and cost requirements.
- Serve as engineering resource on cross-functional project teams.
- Conduct plant site surveys and collaborate with plant engineers to develop inputs for long-range capital plans.
- Investigate new technology in food and beverage processing, packaging or industrial utility systems and identify opportunities to support continuous improvement, throughput enhancement and product innovation.
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems that arise from processing food and/or beverage products.
- Evaluate new technologies and educate the organization on their potential application in our manufacturing network (Machine Learning, AI, smart sensors, IoT)
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of related experience designing and installing manufacturing lines in the consumer-packaged goods and food industry.
- 5+ years of related experience designing, installing, programming and repairing Allen-Bradley PLC systems (PLC-5, SLC-500, Micrologix, Compactlogix, ControlLogix) Excellent troubleshooting skills are critical in this role.
- 5+ years of related experience using devicenet, controlnet, modbus, ethernet, Allen-Bradley remote I/O.
- 5+ years of related experience developing, programming and maintaining industrial SCADA systems (IFIX, Wonderware).
- Familiar with industrial utility systems including ammonia refrigeration, steam generation, HVAC, compressed air, electrical distribution and waste water treatment systems.
- Knowledge of plant power systems and distribution preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety, GMP, construction and industrial engineering standards.
- Must be able to demonstrate independent and critical thinking skills and an ability to drive and influence results.
- Strong project management, teamwork, problem solving and data management skills; PMP certification preferred.
- Effectively communicates complex technical information in a clear and concise manner, in both written and verbal forms, to audiences of differing technical understanding.
- Holds self and others accountable to stated goals and objectives and consistently drives the completion of projects and initiatives within stated timelines. Gains cross functional agreement on accountability to ensure buy-in and execution. Communicates desired results and accountabilities within function in a compelling manner.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, MS Project, SAP, Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%.
- ½ Day Fridays in the Summer
- Onsite Fitness Center & Classes
- ManiPro, Dry Cleaning, Zippity Car Service, Onsite Dental Cleanings and many more…
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0