Shaw Construction has been an industry leader for more than 55 years. We’ve pioneered construction philosophies, methods, practices, visions and approaches. We build more than world-class projects and long-lasting monuments. We build relationships that root us in our work.
We're looking for a Project Coordinator who is analytical, precise with excellent internal customer service skills.
Provides administrative support to the Self Perform group to ensure they operate effectively. Provides administrative and accounting support to the Project Managers and Accounting department by assisting with document control and maintaining project accounting records on construction jobs, including contracts, change orders, pay applications, invoices, etc.
Office-based position located in Denver, Colorado. Periodic travel to project, yard (North Denver) and other office locations. Must have full range of motion, lift up to 25 pounds.
Serve as Project Coordinator on all SPS (Self Performed Service) construction jobs. At the direction of the project team and the Controller, within the guidelines of best practices and as deemed necessary on a project by project basis:
- Maintain and update self-perform job status reports & meeting minutes on a biweekly basis.
- Coordinate & participate in departmental training, meetings & events.
- Update bid calendar and construction calendar.
- Maintain department files.
- Assist in developing proposals.
- Gather and enter historical project cost data.
- Assist with submittals and safety documentation.
- Perform certain job setup duties in the accounting software(s) including configuring T&M owner billings and importing budgets
- Setting up phase codes and cost types as needed
- Set up electronic and hard copy project files.
- Process, send, receive and file subcontracts and purchase agreements at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Prepare, code and interface field purchase orders.
- Assist with production of SPS contracts and change orders.
- Process subcontractor change orders at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Process and initiate payments for subcontractor pay applications.
- Process vendor invoices for payment.
- Process SPS pay applications and required supporting documentation at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Assist Project Manager in preparation of MPR reporting package.
- Assemble materials necessary for O&M Manuals and other documents as requested at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Assemble subcontractor final statements of account and sales & use tax affidavits and submit to Project Accountant for review prior to processing.
- Assist in the preparation of final records for the project and archive project files.
- Accrue sales & use tax liabilities in compliance with jurisdictional regulations.
- Assist with project cost audits and sales & use tax audits as directed by the Project Accountant.
- Monitor, reconcile and adjust accounts payable.
- Assist with change management maintenance and coordination between the main job and the self-perform job.
- Maintain office space as directed by the Office Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or higher in accounting or business administration, or a High School Diploma with 3 years of administrative and bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills.
- Professional, reliable and diligent.
- Strong interpersonal skills to promote strong working relationships with project teams and other departments within the company.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Solid grasp of project accounting and administrative concepts.
- Fluent in Spanish a BIG plus!
- Experience in a similar role or commercial construction industry experience.
- Familiarity with Viewpoint, Textura and AIA construction software.
- Notary Public