HMC Architects designs solutions that work, wow, and withstand. We partner with healthcare, education, and civic clients to design buildings that promote healing, inspire learning, and create vibrant communities. Whether it’s a hospital, elementary school, student union, or community center, our empowered teams are experts when it comes to delivering successful projects and creating meaningful spaces.
Position: Project Coordinator
Prepares design and construction documents. Requires general knowledge of design development and production of construction documents. Assists in architectural problem solving.
Education: Architectural degree from an accredited university
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience in Revit drafting of architectural drawings desired.
Communication and Collaboration
• Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
• Asks questions about assignments when unclear.
• Has working knowledge and understanding for use of HMC equipment and software.
• Coordinate projects with team members and consultants for conflicts and discrepancies.
• Ability to apprise supervisor for status of work.
Supervision and Delegation
• Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors.
• Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
• Support project leader and project manager in supervision and delegation of work.
• Be proficient with HMC’s documentation and office practice systems.
• Ability to correspond effectively with consultants for cad files and minor directives.
• Assist in writing meeting minutes, instruction bulletins, change orders, RFI responses, and professional correspondence.
• Attend professional activities outside of office.
• Always be professional and respectful in interactions with clients and consultants.
• Assist in preparation for interviews and proposals.
• Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
• Set goals, prioritize and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
• Estimate hours for assigned tasks and finish tasks within agreed-upon budget hours for the task.
• Proficient in the documentation of project design in Revit such as three-dimensional modeling, product, or material research.
• Participate in office design charettes.
• May participate in the development of design.
• Support design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
• Assist in development of project documents during all phases of the project.
• Demonstrate proficiency in applications and multimedia software.
• Understand the organization of the contract documents.
• Assist in organization and generation of working drawings.
• Demonstrate Revit competency of basic commands/drawing setup/layering/dimensions/plotting on HMC Revit Platform.
• Assist in all aspects of the plan check process.
• Possess knowledge of drawing setup, layers, plotting/publishing, dimensions, blocks, attributes, purge/audit/recover, back up files, viewports.
• Understand technical terminology of the architectural and construction industry.
• Coordinate drawings with consultant drawings and specifications.
• Apply building code concepts of accessibility, occupant loads, exit widths, fire rated walls and doors, ramps, stairs and handrails.
• Understanding of basic construction systems of walls, roofs, doors, and windows.
• Support the construction administration phase of a project by assisting in review of submittals, shop drawings, response to RFI's, and preparation of instruction bulletins for changes.
• Prepare complex plans, elevations, and details under guidance of supervisor.