Who we are:
Metro Development Group specializes in residential land development and master planned communities throughout Central Florida by partnering with trusted industry investors and award-winning home builders. Our portfolio includes more than 25,000 developed lots across more than 70 communities, all valued in excess of $1.5 billion.
Continuing on the legacy of our solid reputation in land development, Metro is committed to bringing some of the most innovative and exciting amenities and technologies to home buyers with the introduction of exclusive ULTRAFi Communities and the inclusion of Crystal Lagoons in several of our neighborhoods. Imagination, innovation and expert execution have continued to make Metro Development Group (www.metrodevelopmentgroup.com) the gold standard in the development of master planned communities. Please also visit www.metroplaces.com for more information about our "Connected City" and the 1st Crystal Lagoon in the Nation.
What it’s really like to work here:
At Metro, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone, but if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming and head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, Metro could be the place and opportunity for you.
A day in the life:
We’re looking for talented Ninjas to join our team in our Tampa Office.
Reporting directly to the VP of Operations, the Project Coordinator is someone with an earnest desire to play a supportive and strategic role. A confident, polite, business savvy, and pleasant demeanor is required.
The Project Coordinator must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Project Coordinator will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Assists internal Metro team and external project consultants in the preparation of application submittals or comprehensive plan amendments, zoning, annexations and other planning applications, which may vary by jurisdiction
- Obtains, verifies and tracks proposals including scope of work for due diligence, planning and site plan applications
- Helps organize and track research relating to such items as land use, economic development, zoning ordinance revisions, transportation systems, utility systems, community facilities, populations, and housing
- Supports Metro and consultant duties related to preparation and presentation of date in graphic and/or written form for presentations at workshops, meetings and/or public hearings (maintaining current versions of all application exhibits, conditions and maps for public hearing binders)
- Assists with verification of public notices and tracks all application/project deadlines to ensure meeting of desired hearing and development deadlines
- Coordinate and attend both internal and external county/city and consultant meetings, produce agendas, minutes, action items and follow up/track action items for completion
- Assess, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and determine appropriate course of action
- Keep team well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, including calendaring and tracking of deadlines to preserve existing entitlement/development approvals
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Reading, researching, routing correspondence; drafting emails and documents; collecting,organizing and filing information; initiating communications with clients, consultants and vendors
- Formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics, particularly in Excel, PDF editing and mapping programs
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Interested in Real Estate, Sustainability, Innovation, and Technology
- Experience in urban planning or related field preferred
- Knowledge of general planning principals and practices
- A deep desire to be part of creating something unique and who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Software savvy a must. MS Office, Mac OS, G Suite, GIS, and Slack
- Proficiency with Google suite of products (docs, sheets, slides)
- Knowledge of Google Earth, Photoshop, Publisher, Keynote
- Ability to handle high workloads and fast paced work environment while maintaining focus and constantly striving to add value
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read contracts, legal documents, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly flexible, available and responsive
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable legislation, rules and codes
- Proactively identifies issues that require resolution or follow up and taking steps or making recommendations to resolve
- The ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside the group is essential
- Person of high ethics, integrity, honesty with lots of passion, drive, and a sense of humor
- Cell phone allowance
- Company Laptop
- Mileage Reimbursement